Skywest Domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jay79

Does anyone have any info on where a new hire in the EMB 120 can expect to go after training? I have heard PSP, FAT, or SLC?

How much time (if any) is spent on reserve

Are SLC and DEN senior for the Brasilla?

It doesn't look like they do a lot of Brasilla flying out of DEN and SLC, but there seems to be bases there. Are those all 3 and 4 day trips?

If not, do you only fly from SLC or DEN to the outstation and back over and over?

Thanks in advance for replies

Jay79 said:
Does anyone have any info on where a new hire in the EMB 120 can expect to go after training? I have heard PSP, FAT, or SLC?

How much time (if any) is spent on reserve

Are SLC and DEN senior for the Brasilla?

It doesn't look like they do a lot of Brasilla flying out of DEN and SLC, but there seems to be bases there. Are those all 3 and 4 day trips?

If not, do you only fly from SLC or DEN to the outstation and back over and over?

Thanks in advance for replies

FAT is the most junior right now. They have 1,2,3,4 day trips out of SLC and DEN (I think). I hope this helps.

my ? is,

1. when you submit a resume to skywest online, will they call you for an interview, or do you still have to go to an open house?

2. If you get the interview what are the chances of getting the RJ? if you have 121 time and like 800multi and 900 turbine?

3. Is there anyway you know when you are interviewing to tell what kind of aircraft you are interviewing for?

4. If at the open house you are asked to come to salt lake for an interview, how much time between the open house and the interview will you have to study?

5. Lastly, for the open house should I be studying for the ATP and all the other tests, or will I not have to take tests at the open house?

Thanks in advance for the infor guys, and sorry if I hijacked this thread a little!

1. They may call you for an interview. It depends on when the next open house will happen....Looks like the next one is August 11th in SLC. That is your best bet since it is so close.

2. It depends on the needs of the company, with multi turbine there is a better chance you'll get on the jet. Why are you hot to get on the jet? You get paid the same regardless of the aircraft and you will probably gain seniority much faster on the Brasilia. If you go straight to the jet expect to be bumped down every month by Brasilia FOs transitioning over.

3. No. They may tell you what the upcoming classes will be but it doesn't matter for your interview.

4. Not sure, could be the next day or same day considering the next open house is in SLC.

5. Again not sure. You definately want to be prepared for the interview regardless.

Latest resources

Back