Skywest domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HHH

Hopefully in a few weeks/months many of us furloughed COEX pilots will be flying for Skywest. Personally, I am very excited and feel very blessed! Regardless of the variables and disagreements involved in this deal, we (furloughed guys/gals) are very, very fortunate to get this opportunity.

With that said, I am trying to learn as much as I can about Skywest. What resources are available (online) to learn about training, pay, etc. MOST IMPORTANTLY, what are the most junior 120 bases for Skywest? How junior did IAH go on the last bid? Seeing that there COULD be a class as early as this month, this info. could help a lot of folks prepare ahead of time.

Thanks for all the input.

Any COEX people get definite class dates with SkyWest yet?

Just curious...

MYF-

We all have until June 13th to contact Manpower and sign up for the Skywest flying. I'm sure the company will have an idea of who the first group will be in the next week and start to dish out more info so the guys can get ready to go. The only training date I've seen "thrown around" is June 19th.

For the EMB, listing most SR. to Jr. some may change or tie with each other:
PDX
SMF
SAN
SLC
PSP
SBA
DEN
SBP
MRY
FAT
IAH

For the RJ:
SBA
SMF
SLC
DEN
PSP
DFW
TUS
FAT

Like I said things are changing around here a bit so some of these can go up and down each month.

They just announced an IAH upgrade class for June 16. 12 Captains all IAH. I imagine they'll need to start an F/O class around then or before. It take about a week longer for initial than for upgrade.

Pay for a 1st year F/O is $19/hr plus $1.60/hr in der diem. 2:1 duty rig, 1:1 after 12 hours. 2nd year is around $28/hr.

Scott

HHH said:
With that said, I am trying to learn as much as I can about Skywest. What resources are available (online) to learn about training, pay, etc. MOST IMPORTANTLY, what are the most junior 120 bases for Skywest? How junior did IAH go on the last bid? Seeing that there COULD be a class as early as this month, this info. could help a lot of folks prepare ahead of time.

Thanks for all the input.

IAH was extremely junior, only 12 bid for it, with a projected need of around 40+ crews. I'd imagine that most Coex types will therefore be going to IAH on the EMB.

sstearns2 said:
Actually well over 30 bid for EMB CP in IAH, but only 12 were awarded the June upgrade.

Scott

No Scott, I was talking about FO's. Only 12 FO's bid for IAH. CP slots most likely aren't relevant to the Coex types, or so it would seem. Surely there'll be enough current SKYW types who will upgrade.

trans2fly,

OK, we were on differnet pages. Three of the twelve FOs were awarded an immedaite IAH transfer as FO and they also appear on the upgrade list for IAH.

Scott

Latest resources

Back