• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Dir of Ops Threatens Legal Action for Eating Snack Boxes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 6 inch, you're hungry again in an hour.

That's what you're gf says, just kidding dude.

Reminds me of the old ACA CVG crew room. Once a month they would "clean" out the wheel o death snack machine and give the expired food to the crews. I've never seen a happier bunch of people.

Wait a minute!

You guys had a vending machine!?! You called yourselves the "red headed stepchildren" but you had a vending machine? Us ORD guys never had that...

He didn't say said vending machine was ACTUALLY in the sh1tcinnati crewroom. Just that the food was brought in. Seriously though, I can't remember where the machine was.

You'd be impressed with the ORD crewrom now. Instead of it just being our former digs, we (XJT) get to share it with TSA, MESA, and RAH. With just our operation growing to 750+ crewmembers alone. it's awesome. We even have a mascot, a raccoon pops out from the ceiling now and again. As well as have vending machines. It's a total fecal cinema. SKW has their own, and GJ has a closet down the hall.

I want to bring one of the old ACA banners and hang it up in there.

Last edited:
He didn't say said vending machine was ACTUALLY in the sh1tcinnati crewroom. Just that the food was brought in. Seriously though, I can't remember where the machine was.\

The vending machine was downstairs near the crew room, in one of the hallways opposite the chief pilots office. Once a month I ate like a king.
:beer:

The vending machine was downstairs near the crew room, in one of the hallways opposite the chief pilots office. Once a month I ate like a king.
:beer:

I'm staring to forget a lot those details sadly enough. Sucks, sure enough the month we leave, they out in a Quiznos right upstairs so we weren't limited to just the Panda unless you wanted to walk.

The ACA sticker on the door to downstairs lasted for quite a while before it was taken down.

Remember that nasty fridge? It was funny when the chief ended up dragging outside and hosing it out, with a makeshift gas mask on.

Nothing like walking into that crew room and Deliverance was on, for the 10,000th time.

I'm staring to forget a lot those details sadly enough. Sucks, sure enough the month we leave, they out in a Quiznos right upstairs so we weren't limited to just the Panda unless you wanted to walk.

The ACA sticker on the door to downstairs lasted for quite a while before it was taken down.

Remember that nasty fridge? It was funny when the chief ended up dragging outside and hosing it out, with a makeshift gas mask on.

Nothing like walking into that crew room and Deliverance was on, for the 10,000th time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znrjbo9QRLk

Turns out back 20 years ago in the City I was based in, I made about $500 too much per year to qualify for food stamps.

If I had just one child at the time, I would have more than qualified.

Wonder what the Federal Poverty Line is today to qualify for Food Stamps? Not sure if it varies from City to City these days.

Anyway you slice it, whether you like the guy or hate him, I wish every American was required to see that Michael Moore flick that documented the Regional Airline first year pay (or for that matter, Continental's first year pay).

Truly sad, especially at the Union carriers. Obviously, the Pilot's working at them have the mindset of, "I did it, the new guys will have to do it as well." Or they would make the compromises to negotiate with their Managements a livable wage for their New Hire Pilots.

Twenty years ago, you could have bought a Cabbage Patch Doll that came with a birth certificate. Some people filled out the birth certificate, took it to the Food Stamp office, and got themselves some food stamps.

Darn...

Twenty years ago, you could have bought a Cabbage Patch Doll that came with a birth certificate. Some people filled out the birth certificate, took it to the Food Stamp office, and got themselves some food stamps.

How do I get these darn Ethics removed from my personality make up?

Seems that is what is required to make it these days.

Oh well, guess there is a price to pay for being able to look at yourself in the mirror.

I hope all these starting wages come up for everyone as the supply/demand situation tilts back towards the pilots over the next few years.

That is unless activities in the Middle East derail it all.

We shall see.

Reminds me of the old ACA CVG crew room. Once a month they would "clean" out the wheel o death snack machine and give the expired food to the crews. I've never seen a happier bunch of people.

I remember that... I could never bring myself to eat the left overs.

Hahaha, I do. Also, the mite infested pillows were a treat for the ready reservists.

I remember that... I could never bring myself to eat the left overs.

It was a great change form the Panda, or walking over to the B concourse's food court. If you were lucky enough to be around you had a pretty decent selection of chow. I guess living on FO pay got to me, though the 100+ hrs credit/month certainly did help.

Latest resources

Back