• Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
79%N1 said:
Its so funny how the ML guys and their egos wanted nothing to do with the RJ, blame it for all their woes........but we'll fly the EMB175/190, because they look and feel like a 737!!! LOL! See, it looks like a plane that is OK for those ML boys to fly, so its no longer beneath them! It is however, probably too much for us regional boys to handle!

For all you thinking the 70's, 90's and 100's need to go to ML because the pay and benefits are so much better there, think again. That gap has closed, and soon the ML job will be void of pensions, great pay and work rules. The only real benefit is the chance to move up to bigger aircraft and more pay in the future. So GL doesnt flame me, that is a good reason for them to go there....but not because the pay and benefits on those specific planes will be much better at the ML!

The gap will continue to widen. You can't see that? Your pay will be dropping just as fast. We all will make less. There will still be a gap, and it is sad that you don't realize it. Just watch.

Bye Bye--General Lee

~~~^~~~ said:
True.

If ALPA wants to restore the flying to mainline, they can do it through mergers. Simply taking the airplanes without the crews is an act of Piracy.

We just won't award planes to DCI. We will keep anything new (we aren't taking anything from you---you are getting some CR7s). Anything above that is fair game for us---in the contract.

You must be talking about SkyWest, right? They are taking new CR7s from you. Too bad they aren't ALPA. ALPA might actually help you right now if they were. That is piracy. You need to look at your own problems first.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Fins,

You are right. You are. We did give away that flying--50 to 70 seats. Now we will try not to do it again. We would rather keep it and then make sure our furloughed pilots come back, and then maybe give you the chance to fly those planes bigger than 70 seats if you want. If you don't, then that is your choice. We learned our lesson I would say. So do you blame us now for "seeing the light" and now trying to keep it?

Bye bye--General Lee

Well, then, do you blame us for trying to get it?? So, I guess, the battle is on. DL mainline is just the newest entrant to the 'race to the bottom'! Welcome! But dont blame us to try to gain flying that improves our pay and QOL. We owe you major pilots nothing, whether or not we aspire to reach those ranks or not!

Jon Rivoli said:
Most of us didn't initially plan on a career at the regional level, most of us will nonetheless spend our careers at the regional level. Given the choice of growth at my present company flying bigger planes vs. a one in ten chance of getting hired by Delta in about five years I'll keep my seniority and QOL thank you very much. Pretty simple, E-190 captain for XYZ regional next year or a chance to captain the same airplane for Delta in about ten years for slightly more pay. That's not being short sighted, that's common sense. Even notice how doing something "For the good of the profession" always involves us little guy's taking a bullet to protect the QOL of someone making three times what we do? Sure, someday that could be you making the big bucks if you just eat excrement for...5,6,7 who knows how many more years. Pay your dues and thanks for waiting your turn, now here's your furlow notice; we'll call you back in a year or three. I have a good job at a good regional, it may be the last job I ever have so I better make the most of it.

Jon,

That is giving up. This down cycle will not last forever. We have ex Western guys that were on furlough for 6 years---some went into teaching to pay the bills. That is the way it goes in this industry. Those same guys are now senior 767 captains, or are retired. To say that your pay will stay consistant and not fall anymore is wrong too. Everyone will get pay cuts this time. And, in 5 years, if things are better, we will go back to trying to restore some of that pay loss. It may take awhile, but as long as the company is doing better, it is not out of the question. If you settle now and try to give yourself some modest pay increase for a larger plane, you will likely stay there forever. Maybe you want that, and maybe you don't.

Bye Bye--General Lee

79%N1 said:
Well, then, do you blame us for trying to get it?? So, I guess, the battle is on. DL mainline is just the newest entrant to the 'race to the bottom'! Welcome! But dont blame us to try to gain flying that improves our pay and QOL. We owe you major pilots nothing, whether or not we aspire to reach those ranks or not!

Delta bargins with us first. You pilots do not bargain with Delta directly--you go through ASA (SkyWest), and then they bargin with Delta. So, we have the ability to bargain first, and we will. The key here is that we need to secure the aircraft first, and then work on the pay later. We will, probably accepting the rates set by Jetblue, and then go forward from there. We won't go lower, and the company already set the pay scale negotiations at that rate. (minus the time and a half after 70 hours) Expect us to go after those planes, and we get to try first.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Back to the topic at hand.

Is SkyWest going to become the NewCo with the possible DL and NWA merger? Is that why this possible acquisition of 90 seaters is even a thought? What will happen with ComAir as F8 and RJET move into the DL system? How about PCL and Mesaba with this NewCo thing possibly starting up.

General,

It's not so much giving up as hedging a bet and the odd's are pretty long. Six years on furlow? I'm almost forty, say five years before I might get hired, fly for two or three, furlow for six. That would make me about 54 and unemployed with a prospect of six years to save for retirement, no thanks. I buy Powerball tickets sometimes, but I have a backup plan as well.

Jon

General Lee said:
Fins,

You are right. You are. We did give away that flying--50 to 70 seats. Now we will try not to do it again. We would rather keep it and then make sure our furloughed pilots come back, and then maybe give you the chance to fly those planes bigger than 70 seats if you want. If you don't, then that is your choice. We learned our lesson I would say. So do you blame us now for "seeing the light" and now trying to keep it?

Bye bye--General Lee

You just don't get it, do you generalpinhead?

It was never your flying in the past, now, or in the future. It's managments decision and who ever has the best cost metrics is going to win, and it won't be ML. Through all the contract rules ML will always be more expensive if not today with a low rate it will when the next contract comes through. When all of this is given to Prudy, you guys will be bending over again. Every one of your pre-concession contracts have done nothing but kill your airline. I think every one is sick of your constant moaning about how this is unfair and the new RJ's should be for the myoptic circle squirt chumps at ML when you have simply done this to yourself.

Go ride bikes with your husband, or lift your weights, or go knuckle yourself, but quit crying your pathetic diatribe about how this is "your flying".coinbag

CFIT said:
You just don't get it, do you generalpinhead?

It was never your flying in the past, now, or in the future. It's managments decision and who ever has the best cost metrics is going to win, and it won't be ML. Through all the contract rules ML will always be more expensive if not today with a low rate it will when the next contract comes through. When all of this is given to Prudy, you guys will be bending over again. Every one of your pre-concession contracts have done nothing but kill your airline. I think every one is sick of your constant moaning about how this is unfair and the new RJ's should be for the myoptic circle squirt chumps at ML when you have simply done this to yourself.

Go ride bikes with your husband, or lift your weights, or go knuckle yourself, but quit crying your pathetic diatribe about how this is "your flying".coinbag

It's management's decision? WRONG. It is what we negotiate with them. Management CANNOT do what it pleases, they have to follow the contract. YOU ARE WRONG DUMBA$$. It is so fun being right, when you are really WRONG, all of the time. You look dumb.

Bye Bye--General Lee

comedian

General Lee said:
We just won't award planes to DCI. We will keep anything new (we aren't taking anything from you---you are getting some CR7s). Anything above that is fair game for us---in the contract.

You must be talking about SkyWest, right? They are taking new CR7s from you. Too bad they aren't ALPA. ALPA might actually help you right now if they were. That is piracy. You need to look at your own problems first.

Bye Bye--General Lee
OH GL too bad you can't pit ASA against REpulick/shuttlewagon/chitaco? Why not compare the 15+ E170's that are in SLC or on the way. Don't pit SKYW against ASA. ASA is going to be fine assuming they don't strike and end your DAL career. Good luck on getting E190's. EMB doesn't even have you penciled in they maybe column.

oh yeah during bankruptcy your contract means nothing to anyone except you GL.

Latest resources

Back