Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J

Just_Defer_It

Just got off the phone with a mechanic buddy of mine based in ORD, and he said that SkYwest placed an order for -900. His manager mentioned it to him which is the same guy that does our acceptance insp. up in Montreal for the -700. I belive they will utalize them on the DC side mostly with a first class, 86 pax, and 2 lavs, and galleys. Maybe PSPFAWILL knows a little something about this too?

I'll believe it when it is officially announced on Skywestonline. I'd take that info with a grain of salt especially since it came from a mechanic. "The new hanger is designed to accomodate a 737." That was my personal favorite.

Don't bite the flame-bait...

Just_Defer_It said:
Just got off the phone with a mechanic buddy of mine based in ORD, and he said that SkYwest placed an order for -900. His manager mentioned it to him which is the same guy that does our acceptance insp. up in Montreal for the -700. I belive they will utalize them on the DC side mostly with a first class, 86 pax, and 2 lavs, and galleys. Maybe PSPFAWILL knows a little something about this too?

Ok man.....enough of the flame bait!

That is awesome news Skywest! And just think, it's the same type, so it's the same pay!!11!

labbats said:
That is awesome news Skywest! And just think, it's the same type, so it's the same pay!!11!

That's exactly what I was thinking. This could save the company lots and still post bigger quarterly margins!

No flame bait here. I called my shot. I'm telling this guy does the acceptance insp. and is currently the MOM at ORD.

Why would anyone buy that POS anyway! The days of the CRJ are fading fast. People hate flying on those things. Those folks in Brazil, have the golden ticket. If those E-190s are as good as advertised the CRJ's are done. Anyone who would buy them new are fools.

Just_Defer_It said:
Just Defer, you haven't contributed one single positive thing to this board. Why should we believe you? Besides, do you have any idea how bad you make the rest of your pilot group look? If you're just bored and looking to cause some trouble, fine. But stick to the General section. Don't joke around with serious things that affect people's livelyhood. If you are telling the truth, then I will apoligize, but I'm pretty much going with Gobi Gred on this one.

-JP

Until scope is resolved there won't be any 900's on the property at any DCI carrier. Jerry Atkin alluded to 705's and 900's in an interview a while back.

"[FONT=MS Sans Serif,verdana,arial,helv][SIZE=-1] SkyWest, Inc., has 22 CRJ700/900s on firm order for delivery in 2006-2007 and we still are finalizing the numbers of how many 700s and how many 900s or 705s we will receive. We anticipate all of these aircraft will be delivered by July 2007."

Rumor, and I emphasize rumor, has it that any 705's delivered will have 70 seats installed with the possibility of adding seats if and only if scope issues are resolved. There has been no indication as of yet that anything beyond the 700's already announced on the skywest.com website are coming. It is entirely possible that any and all of those airframes could be straight 700's.

I'm sure that DALPA would like to see their furloughs back in the cockpit and may negotiate rates for flying 705's, 900's and other 70 plus seat airframes. Hopefully they get something worked out as many DAL pilots remain on the street.

I would not put stock in anything posted by [/SIZE][/FONT]Just_Defer_It.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back