• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest bases for new hires.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has LAX been getting more junior for FOs on the CRJ? How long would a newhire have to wait to see it? What about to hold a line? Thanks in advance.

Has LAX been getting more junior for FOs on the CRJ? How long would a newhire have to wait to see it? What about to hold a line? Thanks in advance.

How big is the CRJ base at LAX? Do pilots fly all 3 versions of the CRJ out of there?

If the BROs get retired, can the CRJ be used at CRQ?

Last edited:
How big is the CRJ base at LAX? Do pilots fly all 3 versions of the CRJ out of there?

a little under 200 FOs based in LAX. Not sure of the ratio, but mostly RJ and some EMB.

RJ pilots fly all three versions, but the 7/900 goes more senior. I'm told newbies and jr. guys should expect lots of 200 flying, lots of legs, early report times.

Most jr. EMB FO hired 1/2014
Most jr. RJ FO hired 1/2104

so yeah, easy to get pretty much right away

About 150 crews on the CRJ in LAX and we fly all three variants between DL, UA, and AA.

The runway at CRQ is only 4800 feet, so no CRJs with any passengers. There is always talk of extending the runway. Maybe they will if Skywest parks the Brasilias, but I will believe that when I see it.

Scott

If you can get on the Bro, the LAX, FAT, SBP, SFO, PSP look pretty good. PDX may not be too much of a wait. Otherwise DEN, and SLC are the farthest west you're gonna get. Don't let that stop you. I predict movement will pick up very shortly.

And more kool aid than you can drink, sic/vaca paid at 50-seat rates and hdhp a little better than ACA.

Latest resources

Back