Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest - ASA Combo Impact On SKW Applicants - New Hires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Irish Pilot

What An Industry
Ive been searching other threads but didnt seem to find a solid answer to this topic-question.

With the Skywest - ASA thing going on how does this impact new hires for now at Skywest? For people considering applying there what sort of scenarios could this mean in the near future?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

As for now they are not the same. If you want to work for Skywest apply at Skywest. If you want to work for ASA apply at ASA. There are many things that can happen in the future. If you a looking for a good show just ask about staple or DOH. I am sure people will beat that one into the ground for you.

Not to sound like an ass, but you won't find a solid answer because nobody knows. The way I look at it, if you get hired there now, you're at the bottom of a really long list. If they keep the two companies separate, merge the lists, or do something that we haven't even thought about, you're still at the bottom of a really long list.

I agree with willy21, if you want to work at SKW apply there, if you want to work for ASA then you need to apply to them. If they merge the lists, you'll be on the bottom of the big list either way.

Interesting. Thanks for the responses.

Heard that a guy in my newhire class (Jan 05) just quit ASA and is in class now at Skywest (he's from the west coast). What's good for one guy isn't for another.

this is off topic a little bit, but I was just curious as to if after Skywest takes delieveries of these 700's in februrary, do they have options for any more, or are they going to try to get 90 seaters, or are they just done with deliveries for now.

The only thing that I think has had a direct impact on SkyW applicants recently is that SkyW started paying during training again.

I'm sure there were many people that wanted to work here but could not (or would not) work for free during training...

Detroitpilot22 said:
this is off topic a little bit, but I was just curious as to if after Skywest takes delieveries of these 700's in februrary, do they have options for any more, or are they going to try to get 90 seaters, or are they just done with deliveries for now.
On the united side they should all be 700s. There's talk of -900s with 79 seats on the DL side, but I don't think anyone on here knows for sure.

Does anyone know what the time frame is nowadays between being offered the job at skywest, and starting class? Thanks

Latest resources

Back