Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gutenberg

question-

I live in Chicago, and can't fly to the west coast to do a group interview. Do they have an online application process? It wasn't on their site. Is there somewhere to send a resume? Do they finance travel to the interview if they call you?

Thanks

I filled out the online app on a sunday night and got a call to interview the next morning. They gave me a pos space tick to get to SLC, but I had to pay for hotel. Go to Skywest.com and do the app.

I've been on the site, and there's no online app. And yes. WCF out of PWK. Great place to work. Skywest only has openings for "cross utilized agents" and "ramp agents" and "administrative assistants" etc. Nothing for pilots. Are they done hiring? I know a lot of other regionals are hiring now.

Still hiring quite a bit. Most people in my (full) interview were from the group interviews. I'd strongly recommend taking some time and fly out to a group session. You stand a MUCH stronger chance getting invited back.

Take a closer look at the list jobs available. I just checked, and "First Officer Pilot" is there.

I've been on the site, and there's no online app. And yes. WCF out of PWK. Great place to work. Skywest only has openings for "cross utilized agents" and "ramp agents" and "administrative assistants" etc. Nothing for pilots. Are they done hiring? I know a lot of other regionals are hiring now.

Page three of the job openings has First Officer:

TitleFirst Officer PilotCityOPENMinimum Hiring RangeWill Discuss at InterviewDepartmentFlight OperationsDescriptionAll qualified applicants interested in applying for the pilot position are invited to attend one of the following open houses:

October 24, 2006

San Diego, CA

9am

HOLIDAY INN BAYSIDE

4875 NORTH HARBOR DRIVE

SAN DIEGO, CA

October 26, 2006

San Francisco, CA

12:00pm

DOUBLETREE HOTEL

835 AIRPORT BLVD.

BURLINGAME, CA

November 14, 2006

Portland, OR

9am

Holiday Inn Airport

8439 NE Columbia Blvd

To participate in the Open House please bring:
Current Resume
Copy of first class medical
Pilot license
Drivers license
Passport

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

Assist the PIC in conducting the flight safely and efficiently
Assist the PIC and/or passenger service personnel as needed to ensure a prompt departure
Assist or relieve the pilot-in-command (PIC) in manipulation of
the flight controls of an aircraft while underway, including taxiing,
takeoff and landing of such aircraft

Requirements
Minimum Requirements:
Certificates / Ratings:
Commercial/Instrument/Multi engine
Flight Experience:
1,000 - hours total time
100 - hours multi engine
100 - hours instrument (Max 20 hours simulator)
Recency of experience will be considered
Medical:
Must possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. Must pass FAA mandated Drug Test
Authorization to work in the United States:
Must have established authorization to work in the United States
Driver's License:
Must possess a valid United States Driver's License
Education:
Graduation from accredited, four-year college preferred
https://www.ultirecruit.com/sky1000...A8633F0085B7F9B7DA0AA7A91B907E8113B750BA17CEEhttps://www.ultirecruit.com/sky1000/jobboard/SendToFriend.aspx?__JobID=*69FDE72594753EA6

I fly 135 freight and didnt get a call for 13 months until I sucked it up and went to the group interview. Everybody at my "full" interview had gone to a group meet n greet, except two people, but they had a military background and time in 100,000 pound plus aircraft.

Go here:
http://www.skywest.com/careers/index.php

Then go to the Job Openings (current jobs) link.
On the second page of that, you will see First Officer Pilot (click on that link)
On the top right of that page, you will see an "Apply Online" button.
That will bring you to a page where you can either update (if you've already registered at SkyWest) or you can create a new job app account.

That should get you there including a place to enter your resume'.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back