• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest and ASA Merger ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A merger is exactly what we need. BH is going to bid against his old pilot group and the only persons who will prosper are the SkyWest INC. upper management and some stockholders. The losers will be the SkyWest and ASA pilot groups. I know that merging the seniority lists scares most pilots, but it can be done with the least amount of pain for the greater good of both pilot groups. At 4605 pilots strong, we need to be unified.

I don't want to merge with kool aid drinking pilots that take a 1% pay raise, and roll over when JA tells them too.
We won't merge becuase it will take Skypests' on time rate right out of the water.
I hate having to jump on skypest planes and the pilots talk about how they are crapped on.. hmm morons, let's think about it. Vote down the union and get sympothy. I think not.. piss off

rightseatjockey,

How's that closed minded attitude going to help the ASA pilot group? Management wins and you lose. Sure, we have some simpleton choads here, but then again every pilot group has them.

Well it's the same for the Dispatchers as well but I think for the greater good it could be a good thing for all...but from what I hear SkyWest is looking to buy up another airline...I am curious what's going to become of the regionals once the majors start to merge together... to many seats it would seem that some would need to go just like what American seems to be doing to American Eagle ...

Cap,
Go ahead and vote another 1% in, I am sure that helps us all telling JA that it's ok to slap you guys in the face.. you all will just take it, roll and ask for another.

Since I had buds at SkyWest and knew the reputation I hesitated on my exit plan. I guess I missed out on a few opportunities but luckly life still provided an out. And, that is what I would suggest for my ASA cohorts. I am still fighting with this s****y company over 1500 dollars in my 401 (k)!! BTW, the same company that matched 20% of the first 6% that I put in the first year!! Anyone want to guess how pathetic that is?

My new employer (in stock) matches 80% immediatly of the first 6% I put in the account. Plus pension! The point; ASA is great resume experience but no stopping point! Senior pilots I hope you reconsider and take your experience elsewhere! All the best-

RUM,
I am out the door, agree it's not a stopping point. Been here long enough to get my time and it's time to say bye bye..
Soon enough..

rightseatjockey,

How's that closed minded attitude going to help the ASA pilot group? Management wins and you lose. Sure, we have some simpleton choads here, but then again every pilot group has them.

Bako Cap, you're one of the few 700 SkyWest Pilots I would love to call my brother! You are one of the few that have the big picture. Thank you!

Trojan

Trust me I have the big picture bako Cap and Usc. It's not with ASA. The big picture of getting on after ASA and knowing that not all the airlines are like us. Mgmt trying to screw us over every chance they get.
I am with the majority of knowing that skywest pilots bow down to JA as we as a union are not afraid of him.
Taking a 1% pay raise because he says they won't get another one is just crazy. Voting down a union then bitching about the company the day after, well if you ask me, just says that they are have no gnads between their legs.
Am I wrong?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back