• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest airplane in the mud in peoria

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you this serious all the time? Just so you can relax, it was a jab at the OP. But it's always interesting to see who bites.

No, I'm not. But I still don't understand. What does the link the OP provided have anything to do with unions or ALPA? I guess I don't understand the jab. I don't mind being the one who bites. It doesn't bother my ego if I don't understand what was posted or even if it was some sort of flame bait.

No, I'm not. But I still don't understand. What does the link the OP provided have anything to do with unions or ALPA? I guess I don't understand the jab. I don't mind being the one who bites. It doesn't bother my ego if I don't understand what was posted or even if it was some sort of flame bait.

The link? I didn't even click on it. Didn't care to, didn't need to. My comments were a jab AT Skywest Pylot. If you aren't familiar with his posts, search and read some. You'll get the point then...I hope.

eP.

Or maybe I can make it even easier? If Rez or PCL had posted what Skywest Pylot did, with just a link, I would have said the same thing.

eP.

Do you feel the need to defend everything said about unions or ALPA? You didn't question Erlanger about his comment.

Erlanger said:
And it's George Bush's fault too.

I really don't need an answer. I've read your posts here and at APC. It's gets old.

eP.

Last edited:
The link? I didn't even click on it. Didn't care to, didn't need to. My comments were a jab AT Skywest Pylot. If you aren't familiar with his posts, search and read some. You'll get the point then...I hope.
eP.

You mean like these?

I have to agree with Joe on this one. ALPA National has COMPLETELY lost touch with the majority of its membership. Why has there not been a poll of some type on Max Daily Flight Time, Max Duty Time or MPL? Prater does not want our opinion and doesn't seem to care what we think. IMO, unless something significant changes, pilot groups will continue to splinter off until ALPA is irrelevant. People don't like taxation without representation. Unfortunately for me that sums up ALPA National. Prater has got to go.

This makes me VERY angry. Prater and his buddies sold us out on age 65 and now will do the same with MPL. The membership did not want age 65 and we don't want MPL but I guess it doesn't really matter. ALPA leadership will do whatever they want regardless of what we want. I am "Takin it in the back" care of John Prater!

Agreed. An 8hr hard flight time limit sounds good to me. I think the ALPA folks need to get out and fly the line more. They seem to be out of touch with a lot of fatigue issues.

I would be careful with the generalizations. An ALPA cheerleader I am not. On the other hand, I think it is nuts working without a legally enforceable contract.

Or maybe I can make it even easier? If Rez or PCL had posted what Skywest Pylot did, with just a link, I would have said the same thing.

Oh, ok. I don't keep up or remember what people write. Actually, I rarely look at the author of the posts I'm reading.

Do you feel the need to defend everything said about unions or ALPA? You didn't question Erlanger about his comment.

You answered your own question. Since I didn't question Erlanger, I thought it would be obvious by that fact that I don't feel the need to defend everything said about unions or ALPA.

Oh, ok. I don't keep up or remember what people write. Actually, I rarely look at the author of the posts I'm reading.

You answered your own question. Since I didn't question Erlanger, I thought it would be obvious by that fact that I don't feel the need to defend everything said about unions or ALPA.

Erlanger didn't say anything about unions or ALPA. Or maybe he did and I missed it.

eP.

Erlanger didn't say anything about unions or ALPA. Or maybe he did and I missed it.

Well, goes to show how much I pay attention to what specific people write on hear. I thought, since you mentioned me not questioning on what Erlanger said in context in defending unions or ALPA, that it must have been something negative towards unions or ALPA.

You mean like these?

I would be careful with the generalizations. An ALPA cheerleader I am not. On the other hand, I think it is nuts working without a legally enforceable contract.

I didn't call you an ALPA cheerleader.

SkyWest Pylot said:
Real professionals would demand a legally enforceable contract.LINK

So if SkyWest pilots had a legally enforceable contract they would be real professionals and real professionals don't run-off taxiways --->
ePilot22 said:
I believe the point of this thread is if SkyWest had a union this would not have happen. Especially if that union was ALPA. :cool:

This is boring.

eP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back