• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Airlines Maineline???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No. It's just insulting to DC-9 pilots. Ain't nothing Boeing about that thing.

Other than the name, do you know what modifications Boeing made to the MD-95 when they bought McDD and rebranded the aircraft as the Boeing 717?

None.

Jesus Christ. I heard a dumbass in the crew lounge say we were going to fly for SouthWest 5 years ago! Should I start a thread on that? Why doesn't the OP worry about keeping his house in order.

It's not a joke to many Skywest pilots. They're in ORD spreading the "we are mainline and you guys are feeders" to xjet pilots.

Keep drinking the kool aid and coat-tailing, but you're not main line and the pay and work rules you enjoy are the result of the xjet pilots' sacrifice and resolve in negotiations, which have been sometimes hostile. By hostile I refer to 5 years of punishment by the company during contract 07 negotiations. Hopefully the current negotiations will go smoothly. But no matter how they go, in the end you'll get get $1 more and another glass of kool aid.

You're welcome.

You are a delusional tool if you really believe that anyone at SKW thinks they are mainline anything. It's a joke about the EMB-120.

I assume you're just stirring up hate-and-discontent with the Inc family.

You are a delusional tool if you really believe that anyone at SKW thinks they are mainline anything. It's a joke about the EMB-120.

I assume you're just stirring up hate-and-discontent with the Inc family.

To my knowledge, the term "Mainline SkyWest" originated among Bro crews to signify there own outcast, forgotten, red-headed step-child, minority, thrown-under-the-bus status among SkyWest pilots.

"Mainline SkyWest", also known as, "The Dark Side", aka, "Those Hoover Driving A**holes."

Beyond what everybody else already said about the friendly banter between Brasilia and RJ pilots here, nobody is taking the "Mainline" comment seriously. I guarantee you, most of us at Skywest would smack somebody across the head if they said that to another regional pilot.

The above comment about the Colgan Saab pilot enjoying a better QOL is sort of true here too... A Brasilia new hire will likely make far more money and have a much better QOL in their first year compared to a fellow new hire on the RJ.

I believe that it is about the strangest thing that I have heard in a while. SkyWest pilots refering to themselves as "SkyWest Mainline". You appear delusional if you use terms as such.

This post originates in the author's own insecurities and has nothing to do with anything else.

Cheers,
Scott

This post originates in the author's own insecurities and has nothing to do with anything else.

Cheers,
Scott

Wow, that was an emotional comeback. You're not one of those "mainline" pilots' are you? The insecurities part would be true if that was just one person saying this, but as you've read the post it is more than one person confirming it, which means there is some truth to it. I will say if it is used as an inside joke than it is different, but if not then the insecurity lies somewhere else.

Confirming what? That at Skywest pilots that flew on the Brasillia say the CRJ side is mainline? Or like saying they are flying the "heavy"(CR9). Like many of us have said before its a JOKE, if you have thought it was otherwise than its on you. So you either can't take or understand the joke being explained to you here or you just don't understand sarcasm if some Skywest guy said they fly for skywest mainline.

Last edited:
Wow, not even close. Mainline is an internal self deprecating joke about the CRJ 900. Senior pilots bid for the 900 because it's a 8% override in pay. When we see a 900 we say "look, it's mainline".

Latest resources

Back