• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

July 22, 2005 09:24 AM ET SkyWest 2Q Profit Climbs 23 Percent

All Associated Press News

ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) - Regional air carrier SkyWest Inc. said Friday that second-quarter profit rose 23 percent, as revenue was lifted by increased capacity.

Net income grew to $24.8 million, or 42 cents per share, from $20.1 million, or 34 cents per share, last year. The results were in line with analysts' expectations, according to a Thomson Financial survey.

Recent investing news

Revenue grew 44 percent to $384 million from $267.4 million a year ago, as the airline boosted capacity by 45 percent. Available seat miles for the quarter ended June 30 grew to 2.54 billion from 1.75 billion a year ago, as the airline increased the size of its fleet to 223 aircraft from 191.

For the quarter, revenue passenger miles -- defined as one passenger flown one mile -- grew 48 percent to 1.91 billion, and load factor -- the percentage of seats filled with passengers -- rose 1.9 points to 75.3 percent from last year.

The airline operates United Express and Delta Connection regional jets under contract with United Airlines and Delta Air Lines, respectively.

Soooo this means?

Hotwing, thanks for posting that. Now, more importantly, how much is the bonus going to be this quarter?

So when is the first year pay going up then? I am tired of being a sugarmomma~
:)

Capt. Megadeth, I wouldn't hold your breath on the first year pay. Fortunately, your cabana boy should do substantially better on second year pay. The bonus to which Skaff refers, of course only applies to people who have been with SkyWest more than 2 years. So, in short, after being an unpaid "employee" during training, and enjoying ridiculously low pay for his first year, your boyfriend can look forward to a decent pay raise at the end of the year and a bonus after just two more years. :(

Bluto,
Having a class date in March and with the current hiring, how long do you think before he will upgrade?

Last bid award for Rj Captains went as low as one year from DOH for those willing to go to ORD.

*** Past performance is no indication of future returns ***

Rogue5 said:
*** Past performance is no indication of future returns ***

Yeah I know that's why I was wondering what some Skywesters may be able to predict based on DOH.

Yeah, what Rogue said. 14 month upgrades have happened. Depending on growth or the lack thereof (none reported beyond Spring of '06, but rumors abound) it could be more or less than a year. Sorry we can't be more specific.

Latest resources

Back