Skyway Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DoJets

This may have been covered already, but are they hiring onto the DoJet? Are the schedules better on the DoJet or the 1900D?

Lastly, historically has there been an "informal" link between Skyway and Midwest in terms of pilot hiring (informal flow through)?

Re: DoJets

On Your Six said:
This may have been covered already, but are they hiring onto the DoJet? Are the schedules better on the DoJet or the 1900D?

Lastly, historically has there been an "informal" link between Skyway and Midwest in terms of pilot hiring (informal flow through)?

1. Yes
2. Little better on the jet
3. Yes there was at one time before 9-11 now they still have pilots on furlough though, so it may be awhile

Jobear

Air Inc. sent out e-mails saying,

Skyway Airlines, d.b.a. Midwest Connect, has hired approx. 50 this year so far, and will be recruiting at LAX job fair! They plan to hire through out this year.

back in the day....

it used to be very difficult to get on at MidEx coming from Skyway. That was under the "old" or original training regime at MidEx. However, around 2000 they started taking more and more Skyway people. The classes at the end of 2000 and the beginning of 2001 all had 3-6 Skyway folks in them. We all know what happened after that......

I don't know what happened.

Capt. Over,

Well, what happened?

Your keeping me in suspense.

Scramjet

Scramjet, I believe Capt. Over is referring to good ol' 9-11, after which Midwest furloughed a sizeable chunk of their pilots, including some friends of mine, many of whom are still on furlough. So because of the unfortunate timing, many of the pilots who flowed-through from Skyway to Midwest, ended up being flowed back out on to the streets. Skyway ended up furloughing a bunch as well, although I believe they've all been offered recall by now. So the lucky pilots (?) were ironically the ones who stayed at Skyway, or at least they still have jobs.

In this business, timing is everything.

Wholly Owned?

Is skyway a W/O Subsid od midex? If they are how can it be so that they could possibly get any Delta flying. That has got to be against someones scope language. And for that matter what would be the point of adding more airplanes to a fleet that can no longer be produced or easily maintained? Would it not be smarter of the company to move to a crj/erj?

DASHDRIVER "Is skyway a W/O Subsid od midex? If they are how can it be so that they could possibly get any Delta flying. That has got to be against someones scope language. And for that matter what would be the point of adding more airplanes to a fleet that can no longer be produced or easily maintained? Would it not be smarter of the company to move to a crj/erj?"

Skyway (Mid Connect) and Midwest Airlines are both owned by MEH (Midwest Express Holdings).

As far as the scope, I don't think it is written specifically for something like this, but I havent been in the loop for sometime...

CRJ or ERJ? Shoot man, either of those planes are what Skyway should have STARTED with, not the .66Mach airway plug 323Jet that they ended up getting. At the time of purchase the 328 was the cheapest jet, need I say more. It didn't matter because even if Skyway would have bought the erj/crj they would have sat on the ramp for months like the 328 did. No pilots were trained to fly them. You can thank the Dir of Ops for that foresight. Of course he has moved on to Pinnacle, I hope he's not screwing them like he did us....What an A--hole.

-TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back