• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW - XJT earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone needs a reality check, as well as a gut check.

So lets make you a list of needs

1) Drug Test
2) Reality Check
3) Gut Check

Thanks for filling me in on the further needs you require on top of the drug test.

Don't even read the earnings report allocations for specific income receipts per airline under SKYW Inc. Creative accounting is rampant and perfectly legal in this country of economic decline. They move more money under different categories than Bernie Madoff. That doesn't mean they aren't a successful company; it just means they are good at showing profits and losses where they want to show them. Are you skeptical of my assertions? Just look at Lehman Brothers, Global Crossing, Enron, and a host of other creative accounting frauds . Bottom line, Skywest pilots, shut the fk up and get in line. XJT is running the show now. We are not a part of your stupid student council- in-house sissy party. We don't care how much you love being dominated and subjugated. We don't play like that. Call it East Coast, Call it West Coast. Call that TA dead on arrival. The combined XJT pilot group is the majority economic engine behind Skywest Incorporated. If you want to live in the land of make believe and think that your little 30% pilot group drives the prosperity, then you are woefully mistaken. Keep dreaming your Joseph Smith dreams and wearing your special under garments, and we'll keep demanding a working man's wage appropriate for the work.

Oh, so even Continental was moving the money around to show ExpressJet as a cash furnace operation? Those bastards!

Hey Continental, hey SKYW Inc, if you don't like the product, then quit buying it. Shut it down. I fking dare you.

Does anyone know what XJT charges per hour under the FFD agreements with Delta and United?

Does anyone know what XJT charges per hour under the FFD agreements with Delta and United?

Fee for Departure calculations won't yield accurate accounting. SKYW Inc can assign scheduling, maintenance, administration, and a slew of other line items to the XJT side. Just know one important fact; we do most of the flying. Pay up.

Fee for Departure calculations won't yield accurate accounting. SKYW Inc can assign scheduling, maintenance, administration, and a slew of other line items to the XJT side. Just know one important fact; we do most of the flying. Pay up.

Copy that, but I am just a numbers guy and know that if I give $10,000/year back from my total compensation package (a-z), and fly 800 block hours a year, the company will only see a $12.50 reduction in cost/hour average. If they charge $1000-$1200 per hour, then $10,000/year is about 1% cost reduction for XJT, and a 10% compensation reduction (that is pay, retirement and medical). Will this really make us more cost competitive to other airlines when we take economies of scale into account?

Last edited:
According to the CFO, who was asked specifically on the earnings call what ExpressJet's profitability was for the quarter, he said ExpressJet lost money but that it was "a marginal loss." Later, BH said that he expects ExpressJet to return to profitability in the year 2015.

I listened to the call. He actually said that Expressjet "made a small profit" during the quarter.

Copy that, but I am just a numbers guy and know that if I give $10,000/year back from my total compensation package (a-z), and fly 800 block hours a year, the company will only see a $12.50 reduction in cost/hour average. If they charge $1000-$1200 per hour, then $10,000/year is about 1% cost reduction for XJT, and a 10% compensation reduction (that is pay, retirement and medical). Will this really make us more cost competitive to other airlines when we take economies of scale into account?

Thank God that someone is doing some math.

Latest resources

Back