• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW pilot group interview schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to the roadshow in PDX back in 2001. I hopped in my car and drove from my house in Beaverton. After passing the roadshow, I got invited for an interview. My pass flight got cancelled last minute. The interviewers called and asked me if I wanted to reschedule the interview. You know what I said? HELL NO! I'll be there! Bought a ticket on Southwest and made the interview. If you want to work here... here's your time to show us. Come on... be realistic... you really expect the company shell out an insane amount of money to get you a pass to what is essentially an open house? Southwest is having an open house this weekend. Do you think they're flying everybody down? This is an opportunity for those who want to stand out and GET the job. Not just sit by and wait for a call. It's really a WIN-WIN situation... the applicants get a great opportunity and it helps our company to recruit pilots. If you don't agree with it, sit back and wait for the phone to ring.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I was just reading a little... have some extra time on my hands. Looks like Smarta$$ works for Transtates. Why are you reading about a Skywest open house? If your attitude is anything like your posts on flightinfo... PLEASE stay far away from our airline! Thanks in advance and flame away!

SKYW Pilot said:
Hmmm... I was just reading a little... have some extra time on my hands. Looks like Smarta$$ works for Transtates. Why are you reading about a Skywest open house? If your attitude is anything like your posts on flightinfo... PLEASE stay far away from our airline! Thanks in advance and flame away!

My attitude is actually quite good. You may be aware of how Trans States treats its pilots and the unrest of thier pilot group. Can you expect someone to be happly about that.

In your reading you may have come accross the fact that I have never bad mouthed skywest are any other pilot group outside of the Trans States family. Therefore I believe your comments about my attitude are unfounded. If I am bitter about Trans States and Gayjets, I would think you would understand that much. Thank you.

Ok..so if I have a few CA's and FO's at Skywest who could walk in my stuff....it is better to show at this open house? Are they not inviting people to individual interviews at all?

W

Dubya said:
Ok..so if I have a few CA's and FO's at Skywest who could walk in my stuff....it is better to show at this open house? Are they not inviting people to individual interviews at all?

W

If you have a "few" Captains and a "few" FOs that could walk your stuff in, why don't you?
Since these open houses wont take place for a few weeks, you would get a jump on these events.
If I were doing the hiring, and had a few Ca and FOs walk in the same persons resume, there would be a compelling reason to interview that person.

While I am NOT on the hiring team at SkyW, im still doing HR for my previous employer.

Smarta$$ said:
My attitude is actually quite good. You may be aware of how Trans States treats its pilots and the unrest of thier pilot group. Can you expect someone to be happly about that.

In your reading you may have come accross the fact that I have never bad mouthed skywest are any other pilot group outside of the Trans States family. Therefore I believe your comments about my attitude are unfounded. If I am bitter about Trans States and Gayjets, I would think you would understand that much. Thank you.

Sorry, if I misread your posts. I have many friends over at Trans States right now, so I know all the stuff going on with *************************s. I support you guys 100% and hope everything works out. I interviewed for a ramp position there during college (back in '95) and I decided, after the interview, I would never go anywhere near that place! Good luck with everything!

SKYW Pilot said:
Sorry, if I misread your posts. I have many friends over at Trans States right now, so I know all the stuff going on with *************************s. I support you guys 100% and hope everything works out. I interviewed for a ramp position there during college (back in '95) and I decided, after the interview, I would never go anywhere near that place! Good luck with everything!

Thank you, no harm no foul.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back