• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyW new COO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SKYW has been purchased by Mesa, so some of the bigwigs are "stepping down". You heard it here first!!!! :)

JO is going to rule the regional world.

They need to clean house at ASA. First I would start with that POS Scott Hall. He just needs his ass beat plain and simple. Scab. Then Lebreque and go from there.

Hopefully Mr. Childs recognizes the needs of our pilot group in order to run this airline.

Take care of your people and they will take care of you!

HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's one for the fence sitters. All the guys that were using the stability of Skywest's management as an excuse not bring in ALPA, there you go.

If anybody really thinks that Ron "stepped down" voluntarily, have I got a bridge for you.

Last edited:
Yup
Unless you read about Ron signing on at another company at a minimum of the same title/compensation package or more likely a higher position very quickly, he was forced out. Perhaps he was tired of being the horse holder and sought the top spot, but a lack of details make me think a darker ending.

AP
SkyWest Names New President, COO
Thursday February 22, 1:40 pm ET
SkyWest Airlines Names Russell "Chip" Childs As New President, Chief Operating Officer
ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) -- SkyWest Airlines, a subsidiary of SkyWest Inc., said Thursday it named Russell "Chip" Childs as president and chief operating officer.Childs replaces Ron Reber and will begin officially April 2.
Childs, who joined the airlines in 2001, will be responsible for the airline's operations and strategy, managing 10,000 employees and three major airline partnerships.
The company said Reber will remain with the airlines, working on special projects.
Shares of SkyWest remained unchanged at $27.27 in afternoon trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070222/skywest_personnel.html?.v=1

Special projects? Let me translate:

After this Childs guy gets accustomed to kicking back in the office Ronny will be spending more time with the family.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back