• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW mgm positioning for paycuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
50 seat RJ's are toast. No sense taking less to fly them, they will be gone either way. To bad for the regionals, on the upside I really believe there will be better positions with the majors for ALL regional pilots in the future.

50 seat RJ's are toast. No sense taking less to fly them, they will be gone either way. To bad for the regionals, on the upside I really believe there will be better positions with the majors for ALL regional pilots in the future.

Although i hope what you say is true about the majors i have some skepticism about the 50 seaters going away. People have been saying that for years now and they are still around. Eventually, i agree they will be phased out but i don`t think anytime soon. The regionals will not go away completely however the smaller regionals will not survive in my opinion.

Brad Holt say:
On the industry news front, most of you may have read about American Airlines parent AMR Corp. (AMR) this week as they announced that they must cut annual spending by $75 million at regional carrier American Eagle, and will eliminate as many as 600 jobs as the company restructures in bankruptcy.

Reports say that about half of the cost reductions will come from lowering pay and reducing overtime, with the balance being achieved through changing unproductive work rules, scheduling restrictions and retirement-account contributions. Its also been reported that the American Eagle plan builds on Americans requirement for $1.25 billion in annual labor-cost reductions and the cutting of approximately 13,000 jobs.

This is a very unfortunate situation and is a stark reminder to us that we must continue to work together each day to improve efficiency and save where we can. Many of you have sent us your suggestions for becoming more efficient, and I encourage you to continue to report the inefficiencies you see. Weve made good progress here at ExpressJet in reducing our cost and becoming more efficient and that will serve us well in the future. I sincerely appreciate each of you for your hard work and ideas in this area.

You're absolutely right. Efficiency is paramount:

- 3 re-branding ventures in as many years
- Lost revenue/cancellations due to understaffing

Oh, and my favorite...

- SkyWest/ExpressJet run as separate airlines, Ergo:
*2 Presidents/COOs
*2 VPs of: FlightOps, InFlight, Customer Servive, People, Market Development, Maintenance, etc.
*Multiple, redundant office buildings & Hangers
*Redundancy in support personnel

BUT NOOOOO!

"Let's start with decommissioning the POPCORN MACHINE in the crew lounge. Then, we can alienate them even more by asking them to donate some more of their skill. That will get us in the black!"

Seriously? You really had to throw American's story in there as a threat? Wow.

The popcorn machine is gone?

The popcorn machine is gone?

THAT TEARS IT Im really pissed now. At least mini indi is untouched. Phew!!!

You know. Those fancy coffee machines in the loung will be next

XJT 50 seat ERJs are under contract for another 9.5 years and CRJs til 2016 or 2017

Ha. They will not last that long without bankrupting the company. Many will hit D check in that timeframe which is simply not affordable.

Ha. They will not last that long without bankrupting the company. Many will hit D check in that timeframe which is simply not affordable.

Bankrupting a company that has 700 million cash and A+ credit rating?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back