Skydiving Places

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to add....

Besides all the previously stated tasks associated with flying skydivers, the one I really enjoyed was multiple ship formations, for some of the large formations or even world record attempts.
My favorite memories of course involve Quincy, but I really enjoyed several days in Ellington, CT flying 12 ways out of three 182's. Formations so tight that some jumpers complained that there was no swoop time because we were flying so tight that as soon as they left they were already in the formation, just fly to your grips and be ready for Ponce to signal the next point. AHHHH the way it should be , but of course there was no talent involved.........:rolleyes:

Quincy....that was good times! The Big tent after the last flight, The Rodriguez brothers, and the dog pound.....Good Times!!!

3,000 hours flying jumpers up down up down. 8,000 landings. 15 aircraft world record formation at 22,000 on O2. Flown west coast to east. North to south and back. Wouldn't trade the stick skills for anything. Never been a true Alaskan bush pilot but I think diver driving comes close as anything. It can be hard core flying if you're at the right DZ. I flew 169 hours one July. Most loads in a Twin Otter I did was 37. Alas, the record as I know it to full altitude is 42 (set the same day I did 37). Flew 182s, 206s, DC-3 and the Twin Otter.

Yah, and then there's the whole risk thing. For a more complete view of jump plane accidents you can visit www.diverdriver.com. Go to "Accidents" on the left.

One more thing... I got my regional job because I knew another jump pilot who did part of my training. Networking is a good thing. Skydiving is a small community.

I flew jumpers from a small DZ in Oregon for a few months.

It was fun but too much work. Since I'm basically lazy, I just went back to jumping.

Hooray for meat rockets

While this thread is still goin, does anyone know of any good DZ's in the Central or Southern California area that could use another pilot? I've actually been trying to get into the sport for some time now & I know CA has a lot of good Dropzones. Would appreciate any help I can get.

Contact Hollister and or Skydive Monterey Bay. You never know who needs what and when.

Damn...too far away. I live in the scenic (sarcasm) Bakersfield area. By the way, is that your website diverdriver.com? Very well put together & informative page.

Latest resources

Back