• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skydive Kaui Needs Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I maxed out at $8.00 per load plus beer. Not too bad if it's busy. 10-12 loads per day is a good day.

navigator72 said:
I maxed out at $8.00 per load plus beer. Not too bad if it's busy. 10-12 loads per day is a good day.

Thats the reason I didnt do it for long. The place I was at was pretty shady and after an argument with the owner about flying beyond the 100hr inspection I found a pretty good CFI gig. All depends on what your goals are. If you have the CFI you'll probibly get the hours faster that way, even if it is a 152. The regionals don't really care if its in a 182/206 or 152 and at least you'll get some crosscountry and night time. If you stick it out you may get into a turbine which is usually around 1000TT. These days the regionals will look at you and even Mesa will pay you about the same a DZ will in a Caravan or otter.

Hand Commander said:
Dammit! Sounds like I'm getting hosed. I need to renegotiate because a full load for me is 23. Anyone have the number for Jackie Chiles? "It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous."

Did I tell you to put the tiger balm on the burn?!

I sure don't do the job for the money, I do it for the time. No rush needed on the way down. My boss wants us coming down at 1000fpm and 150-55 on the airspeed in a 1950's straight tailed 182. I must say though that the planes I fly for skydiving are some of the best maintained planes in the buisness! But is helps that my boss is the owner, A&P, and IA

You can't make money flying skydivers. You do it to build time and have fun doing it.

As for Kauai being the rainiest place in the world, Waialeale is it.
For those that have been to Hawaii, you know about mauka showers (mountain showers). Beaches are fairly dry, but it rains in the middle of the island in the mountains.

I assume this DZ is by the beach somewhere (first I heard of it - I know Skydive Hawaii is on the North Shore of Oahu). If so, and especially if it's on the leeward side, it'd be a great place to skydive.

Freight Dog said:
You can't make money flying skydivers. You do it to build time and have fun doing it.

I worked on the weekends and usually ended up making about $600 over the two days. Mostly I did it because the Twotter is a fun airplane to fly, it is an easy job as long as you didn't listen to the less experienced jumpmasters on the jumprun, and extra greenbacks is always good!

When the stupid jumpmaster would yell "Five Left!!" I would just dip my wings a little with out changing my heading and on the ground they would go "dude, awesome run...you were right where I wanted you to go!".

I actually miss it. Except for the smell of 20+ jumpers filling up the cabin with some nasty oders.

mcjohn said:
Is it possible to make a living in Hawaii only flying skydivers?! Sign me up then.

It is. There are 2 skydive operations on Oahu. One flies a Caravan and the other flies a King Air. Collateral duties for the Caravan operator include flying a C-206 about every other week for a load or two and flying a Pitts S2B for aerobatic rides. I have heard that the King Air operator is looking for another pilot, so it might be worthwhile to give 'em a call Their website is http://www.pacific-skydiving.com/.

Latest resources

Back