Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

legendskid_44

Need a job
Does any body on this forum involved with Skydive Deland? Wouldn't be a bad job just doing line for them and hopefully jumping in the right seat a few times just to build some time.

The first time you do 25 loads to 14,000 and back on a saturday and sunday you will literally need a week to recover your head will be so messed up.

Flying skydivers is a great way to get time.. I flew them for 5 years and had the oppoirtunity to fly the caravan, king air, twin otter, c182, c180, c206, c185 and porter.. It was a blast with all turbine pic stick time compared to your buds at embry riddle flying around in the right seat of a cherokee.

There isnt a drop zone out there that wants to donate a little rt seat time for the cause.. Prepare to work like a ho and like it!@!!

The first time you do 25 loads to 14,000 and back on a saturday and sunday you will literally need a week to recover your head will be so messed up.

Flying skydivers is a great way to get time.. I flew them for 5 years and had the oppoirtunity to fly the caravan, king air, twin otter, c182, c180, c206, c185 and porter.. It was a blast with all turbine pic stick time compared to your buds at embry riddle flying around in the right seat of a cherokee.

There isnt a drop zone out there that wants to donate a little rt seat time for the cause.. Prepare to work like a ho and like it!@!!

I second this...i flew jumpers up in GA and in the summer its crazy. Deland almost crazy year round. its fun flying at first but only getting out to take a bathroom break and sometimes for fuel...can get old quick. jumpers are a different breed of people. if you can deal with all this, go for it. It sure beats seating right seat in a c-152 all day long

Like any other job in some respects, put on your best pair of shorts, flip flops and go out an introduce yourself to the owners, Mark Halet used to be one of them, tell them what you'd like to do, drops zones are full of interesting people and contacts, you will need to be a pitch in type of person to get along, like the previous posts confirm, they also party like rock stars.

Latest resources

Back