• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder why they need a HUD for CAT 2 when the thing can autoland CAT 3?

Certifying pilots and the maintenance program CAT II is much less time consuming than CAT III. Besides, CAT II should work for 90% of the low vis landings of which very few are done anyway. You are right, though in that the plane is standard CAT IIIc autoland.

Oh, I had no idea they have specified their hiring requirements. I was just thinking to myself that if they want to be a low cost airline, they could save money by paying lower wages. But to find pilots willing to work for lower wages they'd have to give them something in exchange...like a type rating.

I was just thinking out loud. I have no idea what their hiring requirements are.

Oh, I had no idea they have specified their hiring requirements. I was just thinking to myself that if they want to be a low cost airline, they could save money by paying lower wages. But to find pilots willing to work for lower wages they'd have to give them something in exchange...like a type rating.

I was just thinking out loud. I have no idea what their hiring requirements are.

I applied to them over a year ago when they first published the type they were going to operate.
I believe that they had something ridiculous such as 10,000 hrs (I did not make that up, it was definitely printed somewhere at one time). I also had time on type with a rating and at one time, was based at STN and have plenty of trans-Atlantics under my belt. Oh, almost forgot, I have start-up exeperience to boot as well! Apparently, not good enough to even warrant an interview.
That's what I found strange about them and gave up the chase. I had better things to do!

Latest resources

Back