• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So why do y'all hope it drops off the face of the planet? I know pilots are bitching because of the pay....but the amount of places people can go to dispatch 121 isn't all that big, so the more airlines that are in business, the more opportunities we all have.

So why do y'all hope it drops off the face of the planet? I know pilots are bitching because of the pay....but the amount of places people can go to dispatch 121 isn't all that big, so the more airlines that are in business, the more opportunities we all have.

... Because they are going to totally kill this industry. It will become nothing more than Greyhound.

Ohh wait, it already is. Thank God and Allah I work for a trucking company instead of a busline...

quote: because they are going to totally kill this industry.....

I have never , yes i have , heard as much BS as this suggests....

couple of points. skybus has a business model and with it comes a cost structure. they also have a nitch. it calls for serving cities off the radar.

what you fail to realize is that if a passenger wants to buy a ticket because of the price, they will.

southwest started this whole model... then came airtran, and jetblue...

somehow you think that the image of leo dicaprio in catch me if you can is the one you have been deprived of.

here's why your argument is full of crap...

EOS is a new 757 startup out of JFK ...they offer 48 first class seats that fold into beds. they tout their pax enjoy 21 cubic feet of space....

their tickets cost 4500 to 6000/bucs to go to london.

guess what? they are hiring and growing because they discovered their business model would work too.

wealthy like them.... penny pinchers like skybus, southwest, jetblue allegiant, airtran, and other ticket offered and the price that web searchers can find onsites like cheap tickets.com....

when you and others fail to see the role marketing plays in how you run an airline,when you compare skybus and what they do to EOS,and what they're doing, you'll put the crack pipe down and see that yes, we live in a market driven economy and the markets determine supply, demand and price.

gee wiz, seems like i heard that in econ 101, where were you pal?

quote: because they are going to totally kill this industry.....

I have never , yes i have , heard as much BS as this suggests....

couple of points. skybus has a business model and with it comes a cost structure. they also have a nitch. it calls for serving cities off the radar.

what you fail to realize is that if a passenger wants to buy a ticket because of the price, they will.

southwest started this whole model... then came airtran, and jetblue...

somehow you think that the image of leo dicaprio in catch me if you can is the one you have been deprived of.

here's why your argument is full of crap...

EOS is a new 757 startup out of JFK ...they offer 48 first class seats that fold into beds. they tout their pax enjoy 21 cubic feet of space....

their tickets cost 4500 to 6000/bucs to go to london.

guess what? they are hiring and growing because they discovered their business model would work too.

wealthy like them.... penny pinchers like skybus, southwest, jetblue allegiant, airtran, and other ticket offered and the price that web searchers can find onsites like cheap tickets.com....

when you and others fail to see the role marketing plays in how you run an airline,when you compare skybus and what they do to EOS,and what they're doing, you'll put the crack pipe down and see that yes, we live in a market driven economy and the markets determine supply, demand and price.

gee wiz, seems like i heard that in econ 101, where were you pal?

I think you fail to understand what is meant by "killing the industry".

Sure low cost carriers have a successful business model, because trailer trash want to fly too. But guess what, it is at the expense and pride of the workers in the industry. When the pilots want more pay (as they already do) cost need to go up, but by then other "class" airlines are in BK and the employees pay and work rules are down to Skybus wages. So YES they ARE lowering the bar for all aviation employees. Do you even remember when flying was an event? Maybe when you were a kid that gave you that bite to pursue it as an occupation? Those days are gone because of the likes of Skybus. But if you want to work McD's wages just to say you work for an airline thats just pathetic. There are airlines that are bringing class back to aviation, like SilverJet, but the golden age is dying and dividing into 2 classes of airlines. I would like to see all the legacy airlines keep their first class and/or business class. It's what makes aviation a glorious profession and NO TRAILER TRASH!

They are the only ones with the crack pipes. Oh wait, maybe the TSA people have them too.

Latest resources

Back