Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

climbhappy

ex pat
The greensboro paper, triad business journal, 3.28.08 reports that skybus has burned through a third of its capital. The new CEO Hodge, painted a spin that hillary or obama would be proud of. "We'll refocus our efforts on executing our business plan." As the story points outs, with no improvement in sight and a reduction to schedules, they could only last 10 to 18 more months.
"they simply aren't bringing enough cash to cover their total costs" Even quoted Mike Boyd,"what's the difference between being 3 feet under or three inches, you can still drown."

My comment is this. allegiant just pulled out. greesboro traffic has only gone up 25% since they got there, not the 150% diffenderfer claimed that it would. I think greensboro is a loser market, an RJ overnight base, and they need to start flying to class B airports or be done by the end of the year or Q1 09

one of the two guys that left us just quit, so i'd say they're starting to bail en masse.

Just wait until the summer, when you get to your third tier airport, then have to rent a car, and put GAS in it on your 200 mi. roundtrip from nowhere. What good is it flying to Boston if you're in Maine? This low-cost model is great, in Europe where everything is right next to each other, and public transit abounds at the destination. Skybus will learn the hard way, as evidenced by the failure of Seattle/Bellingham/Vancouver.
The only way they can survive is on stupid travelers and drastic capacity cuts at legacy hubs to Columbus, OH.

The greensboro paper, triad business journal, 3.28.08 reports that skybus has burned through a third of its capital. The new CEO Hodge, painted a spin that hillary or obama would be proud of. "We'll refocus our efforts on executing our business plan." As the story points outs, with no improvement in sight and a reduction to schedules, they could only last 10 to 18 more months.

I think you Mean a spin only BUSH could paint.

2003 - all hostile activities have concluded the "mission is complete"

2004 - well loose ends are being tightened up

2005 - resistance is stubborn and we have a tough slog ahead of us we all knew this would happen you have to be patient.

2006 - this new surge will help to facility a final end to the violence.

2007 - Well guess what: looks like it may be a civil war and I guess the French, UN and the like, may have been correct. Also, it turns out not only is there a civil war but now a freaking blood war against shiya sunni and kurds. Who would of thought

2008 4,000 dead and over 30,000 maimed and near a trillion wasted with no end in sight.

2009 John Mccain wins because Americans are pretty freaking dumb. Sorry I know stereotyping is wrong.

I need a beer!

the mass transit in europe really is amazing.. nearly anwhere you go a high speed train is there//\

I remember flying into a podunk in rural France about 75 miles out of the city. Walked down the road about a mile and 90 mins later i was standing under the tower on bastille day..

you forgot Bush May 2007' the chinese need to eat more of our beef...its good for 'em ...they'll like it...

i''d tell hodge right now you can't live off trailer trash and wal mart shoppers. the business frequent flyer is the customer they forgot. fuel will do them in. when you can't generate sufficient cash to work a business plan, you shut it down.
ACAs investors gave Kerry skeen way too much tiime to burn through over 50 million.

theservice cutbacks was clearly a move to slow the bleeding. their fate rests in oil dropping to the 80s

if they merged with Frontier, dropped the out of the way places, went to normal pilot wear, started parking at jetways, they could make it.

they're all afraid if they stop the 10 dollar tickets , they'll lose their idenity. Some managers have to burn through all the money to learn it.

" if you were cost conscious, would you sell a seat for ten dollars.?

2009 John Mccain wins because Americans are pretty freaking dumb. Sorry I know stereotyping is wrong.

I need a beer!

Is he planning on running for dog catcher in Prescott? I just checked the Constitution and it looks like 2009 is going to be a little late for him to win the presidency.

Is he planning on running for dog catcher in Prescott? I just checked the Constitution and it looks like 2009 is going to be a little late for him to win the presidency.

Forget it, he's rolling.

How anyone could actually vote for someone that sat under their minister for years, (and was present); when the minister stated he hates the current America..???? And came back to that church week after week, and hear this man bash AMerica= JUDGEMENT????

And his wife says "TODAY is the first day EVER in my life I am proud of my COUNTRY !!! ????
Not the Americans response to 9/11, or peral harbor, or many giving Americans in Katrina..

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA= THAT IS WHAT WE NEED

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back