• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Skybus eying CVG

regionalcap

Total Time
Yep. Perfect time to start up a new airline. Never last. Why would you throw money into these dumb owners that already failed a previous airline?

DX Rick

Total Time
I wonder if the same guys who flew for SkyBus, the ones who still remain unemployed, would apply to fly for this new outift.........if it happens.

climbhappy

ex pat
Total Time
yep, they would. one of our guys who left and came back said he would to me.

after reading the airport officals comments in the columbus biz journal , it is clear.... they can only do this if airports hand out all these freebies... ain't gonna happen... Greensboro airport just announced their new runway for fedex has overun about 25 million... this clearly isn't the time to start an airline, but I have to wonder ...what drives Weikle to get up each day and think. I can do this, I can make this work?

Princedietrich

Retired Starchecker
Total Time
Enough
I saw this on the news this morning and threw up a little in my mouth.

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
Total Time
Enough
Makes me think of that oft-repeated saying, "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Saluki Dawg

Total Time
Well if they do decide to go through with this idea, then look for WN to announce new service to CVG as well.

StopNTSing

Total Time
9500+
Makes me think of that oft-repeated saying, "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Or how about "There's a sucker born every minute" ....P.T. Barnum

Frequency

Total Time
6000+
“It’s all premature. It doesn’t really mean anything,” Bushelman said. “They’ve been here. We talked to (Skybus founder John Weikle). But they’re no different than Southwest or Jet Blue or Jet Tran.”

Who the hell is "Jet Tran" lol ?? This guy doesnt have a clue about the airline industry... I think we are all safe.

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
Total Time
Enough

TheInsider

Total Time
What if, just what if all a new airline would have in common with Skybus is the name and a LCC? If anyone can do it it is Weikle.

JJET44

Total Time
>5000
Does anyone else think that these guys have no intention of creating a successful airline but to get rich off of suckering foolish investors into believing that they have the perfect business plan?

Why is it that most of us with noting more then a working knowledge of the industry and maybe a degree in Aviation Management knows ahead of time if an airline will make it or not yet these financial wizards at Morgan Stanly can't figure out that the airline industry is a bad place to put money?

I SMELL A RAT!!!

gromgutten

What's the speed of dark?
Total Time
Of course, Skybus failed because of too high pilot compensation, so the new airline will pay captains $45.00 an hour. First officers work for free, that goes without saying.

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
I'll be pissed if that rash Skybus starts up again. UGH. stupid douchbags.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Does anyone else think that these guys have no intention of creating a successful airline but to get rich off of suckering foolish investors into believing that they have the perfect business plan?

I SMELL A RAT!!!

We have a WINNER!

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
They'd probably even find some knuckleheads that would put in applications to work there.

Barnum was right.

rydog

Total Time
The guy that is trying to start it up again was ousted before they started flying and thus had no help in their demise. He has offered recall rights to the furloughed pilots if it starts flying with in 3 years of shutting down. I got this info from a flt safety instructor that worked there.

climbhappy

ex pat
Total Time
with the banking crisis and Lehman going down, merril getting sold; he'll never find a nickel to do this.