Skwest hiring freeze???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coloaviator

I heard a rumor that skywest is slowing or possibly going to stop hiring because of Delta's SLC cuts anybody have any news on this???

Just more scare tatics from management until they can bend us over to fly 90 seats for 50 pay. ASA can get ready to play the same game with management while trying to renegotiate their contracts. Here is a post from another thread.

"
Actually talked to Brad Holt in the LAX break room last week for over an hour. We asked him about the Comair planes. He said it had to do with the ASA deal, but was a matter of cleaning up the books; returning expensive leased planes for one's with a better lease rates, not necessarily anyones gain or loss. He agreed that he didn't think the pay proposal would be approved so we asked him then what. He said that maybe next time the 1.2% wouldn't be on the table, everyone else is taking concessions these days and SkyWest is still offering a small increase (moving the ball in the right direction so to speak). He said he understood people making a stand on principle i.e. 50-99 seat pay, but in this environment those who stand on principle "Will fall by the wayside." ( what a bloody joke) He emphasized what happened to AWAC and said he had serious doubts about weather on not Comair will survive. Just casual chat in a quiet breakroom not a PR job delivered to the masses, there was only me the FO and the FA in the room. FWIW I voted no.

Attitudes from management like this is why we need a Union on the property.WE know they have no PRINCIPLES BUt their own. They are in the business for their own selfish reasons. Nothing new. We make over 80 million a year and they can't offer any QOL items or more than 1.2%. IT has to be an ego that is unwilling to fairliy compensate their workers.

Last edited:
Halo_RJdriver said:
Just more scare tatics from management until they can bend us over to fly 90 seats for 50 pay. ASA can get ready to play the same game with management while trying to renegotiate their contracts. Here is a post from another thread.

"
Actually talked to Brad Holt in the LAX break room last week for over an hour. We asked him about the Comair planes. He said it had to do with the ASA deal, but was a matter of cleaning up the books; returning expensive leased planes for one's with a better lease rates, not necessarily anyones gain or loss. He agreed that he didn't think the pay proposal would be approved so we asked him then what. He said that maybe next time the 1.2% wouldn't be on the table, everyone else is taking concessions these days and SkyWest is still offering a small increase (moving the ball in the right direction so to speak). He said he understood people making a stand on principle i.e. 50-99 seat pay, but in this environment those who stand on principle "Will fall by the wayside." ( what a bloody joke) He emphasized what happened to AWAC and said he had serious doubts about weather on not Comair will survive. Just casual chat in a quiet breakroom not a PR job delivered to the masses, there was only me the FO and the FA in the room. FWIW I voted no..

Now this is credible info, not hearsay or rumor!! Thanks for the credible post!!

yeah it's credible

yeah its credible go to comair give back thread on this site...
jon rivoli posted it. look up his name or jetflyer re posted it as well
scroll down to the end of this thread..

Why is SKW getting rid of the CMR planes

This is on a thread about 6 lines down

Last edited:
Halo_RJdriver said:
yeah its credible go to comair give back thread on this site...
jon rivoli posted it. look up his name or jetflyer re posted it as well
scroll down to the end of this thread..

Why is SKW getting rid of the CMR planes

This is on a thread about 6 lines down

So its credible because it was posted elsewhere on Flightinfo?
Some things never cease to amaze me!

Last edited:
you must be a dispatcher

homerjdispatch said:
So its credible because it was posted elsewhere on Flightinfo?
Some things never cease to amaze me!

( i do see the sarcasm in your post, BTW)

HOmer if you work at skywest why don't you email jon Rivoli. He posted it on here and he works for us.

Last edited:
nevermind......

I hope you guys get what you want.

Now relax francis. I was commenting on UNCOMFIRMED rumors....That is what the post is. No one was there but Jon and his crew.

I saw BH yesterday. He said we are getting 737's. It was just me and a fellow dispatcher...but take my word for it. (see what I mean?)

Good luck in the vote!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back