SKW Inc and Air Mekong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777forever

To add to the craziness in the Inc family, Skywest has pulled their investment in Air Mekong last night. Airline now under complete control of Vietnamese investors who reduced the fleet by one, cancelled all new hires scheduled to come over in addition to sending 10 pilots back to ASA.

Seems to me like the folks over in St. George are starting to panick

To add to the craziness in the Inc family, Skywest has pulled their investment in Air Mekong last night. Airline now under complete control of Vietnamese investors who reduced the fleet by one, cancelled all new hires scheduled to come over in addition to sending 10 pilots back to ASA.

Seems to me like the folks over in St. George are starting to panic

What are they up to? Why are they freeing up the cash or is AM just losing tons of money? Hmmm...

Last edited:
Sounds like the US regional airline model isn't the answer at air Me Me Mekong and undercutting expats didn't have the magical effect once thought by your genius management.

HanoiHilton: what good will your "clever" ID be when they send you packing? Maybe you can network with all of your new expat friends or go on speaking engagement tour of VFW posts across the US. I, for one, would be glad to fwd your resume to the proper place.

Seems to me like the folks over in St. George are starting to panick

Source?

Skywest has not "pulled" their investment, rather, they are not investing more money for the time being. There will still be 4 aircraft on property but AM will use one mostly as a spare thus the need to reduce the pilot count. The Vietnamese will have no control over flight ops, it will remain under the control of Skywest.

Goat

Latest resources

Back