SKW Flight Benefits are JUNK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Outof10

With no ability to check actual loads on UAL and our own airplanes UAL benefits are worthless.

And now a RUMOR of priority changes and charges for DAL flights.

Don't use them then; plus if you're a pilot flight benefits and jumpseating are two separate horses. I walk up to a UAL counter and check the loads all the time, and that pesky freeness of DAL with the real-time load and listing stuff is horrible as well. Quit complaining, as its obvious the world-around-you focus you've got doesn't deal with adversity too well--you may try to figure out other ways to travel (i.e. jumpseat or SWA passes).

At least you guys get benefits on two carriers. Think of the ASA folk that will lose the S2/S3 combo we have, and then go down to S3C plus possible charges. At least we have CASS, but that won't help when you're trying to go on a vacation with your family.

He's right, flight benefits have been going down hill fast for the last few years. Since its considered part of the total comp package we should be makeing up for it somewhere else right? Not going to happen!

At least you guys get benefits on two carriers. Think of the ASA folk that will lose the S2/S3 combo we have, and then go down to S3C plus possible charges. At least we have CASS, but that won't help when you're trying to go on a vacation with your family.

So. We didn't have them before DAL bought us and we all got by. We had ID 95s and SC3s.

If you came to ASA for just the passes, well your SOL!

In case you have been asleep the last few years those of us in the united system have had to pay a fee/mile to non rev unless the jumpseat is used. It has been nice flying free on delta but they are getting with the times. Most major airlines charge some type of fee/mile to non rev. It sucks but it is what it is. Non reving is a pain in the ass now a days anyway. Stay home on your days off and enjoy your family instead of going back to the darned airport. Who cares what the loads are because it changes so often. I have seen times on united where the girl said more than 25 seats open and the flight ends up going out full. I have also seen times where the flight is oversold by 5 and there are plenty of open seats. Quit whining about the loads and fees and just use the jumpseat.

The benefits do sort of suck. Delta's are nice since they're almost completely free, especially the whole part about South/Latin America being domestic (huh?). But damn I miss having a companion pass like USAir's. United's aren't bad except being a bit expensive for what they are. But hey, if you're traveling alone, jumpseat it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back