• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SJS is Rampant!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a little history lesson for you clam chowder eatting redsox fans!

yankees have repeated world series wins 12 times, boston did it once.

yankee world series wins
2000-1999-1998-1996-1978-1977-1962-1961-1958-1956-1953-1952-1951-1950-1949-1947-1943-1941-1939-1938-1937-1936-1932-1928-1927-1923.

boston world seris wins
2004-1918-1916-1915-1912-1903.

you talk about choking? I have 2 word for you, Bill Buckner:)

Blah, Blah, Blah....:)

All I see there is The Red Sox won it last...2004. And who did we beat? It doesn't matter how many we won or could win. That one (2004) is good for another 80 years as far as I'm concerned.

As far as football, who cares...Its boring.. I have a couple words too.

Arizona,
Anaheim (Mighty Ducks?),
Florida (hey I think that's where the Dolphins play),
Boston (yep that Boston),
Anaheim (California now),
Deeetroit.

The Yankees had the biggest choke in MLB history in 2004. Yeah, the pinstripes are good, but they aren't 1990s great.

Talk about thread creep! WHO CARES ABOUT WHETHER THE SOX OR YANKEES SUCK?!!!!!! Take it somewhere else!

This is simple economics folks...I am single, no wife, no kids..couldn't care less where I sleep at night...My last crash pad that I stayed at cost me $120 a month (a little over a year ago)...so if I take the jet and make, say $125 more a month (which offsets the cost of the crashpad), and in 6 months, I can bid back home, I can get rid of the crashpad, and make $125 more a month, then I'm taking the jet because I will not be seatlocked in the turboprop for an extra 6 months at lower rates, and when I get home, I can make the extra money, since I no longer have to pay for the crashpad...I fail to see why this is such an issue...I'm sorry for your friend having to commute for a year, but this is a seniority based business, and if I'm more senior, I'm gonna do what's best for me with my little seniority as a new hire. Selfish or not, I'm more worried about myself and my bills than your friend...sorry to break it to ya. I'm not saying that the 3 people in your friend's class are in the same situation as me, but if they are, I don't blame them...This isn't necessarily SJS, maybe they went after the extra money which their seniority gives them the right to hold. If you think it should be based on hours flown before DOH, that's one thing, but as long as it's based on birthday, they have every right to bid what they want, without being labeled as victims of SJS. That's an extra 6 months with the extra $125 a month...(I will admit...I don't know the difference in payscales, so I don't know how much further ahead these 3 other guys are, but if it's even $1, I don't blame them for making the decision).

This doesn't jive though, because 1)they'll be commuting halfway across the country on first year FO payscale and 2) they'll be based on BOS, which is NOT the cheap domicile by any standard. Using the same example...$125 for a crashpad in BOS, haha are you sh%tting me? Then to add insult to injury they are commuting from no sh%t a city where they could have very easily have been based, which would have negated the need for a crashpad. Not to mention, that even if they did happen to need a crashpad, there is NO way you'll ever be able to beat the cost of a crashpad in DFW versus BOS. This doesn't even take into account the assumption that their expected timeline to transfer domiciles goes exactly right without a kink..that's a big stretch right there. Not worth the opportunity cost either. Assuming the original poster is correct, and these idiots wanted to return to DFW anyways, yeah I can understand the frustration on the part of our the guy who didn't get BOS.

The whole thing is representative of how sad things are in the 121 world these days. I can just see these 4 poor bastards, crossing the country and making eye contact at FL250 commuting to each other's domiciles. Sad. The whole scenario is more likely to result in all of them becoming exhausted from the commute and the low QOL and separating from Eagle with no upward move on the horizon, than any of them making bank on their bidding "choice" and getting what they wanted. Textbook SJS. The economics do not jive here. Seniority might be a b!itch, but something tells me in this story karma will be a bigger one.

This thread sucks. The Yankees suck. The Redsox suck.

Go Rockies!

Oh wait, they suck too.

Thanks for all the posts guys. Especially all you who say it suck, yet keep bringing it to the top of the page.

Another note, I don't believe SJS is the most overused phrase on this website, its got to be: "I just threw up in my mouth a little." That is on every other thread on this site, and its no longer funny, no longer clever, everyone is sick of it. STOP SAYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta vent this story. I thought Shiny-Jet-Syndrome was only at some bottom-feeders. But its gone all the way to Eagle.

My buddy's first day of indoc at eagle: The ONLY thing he wants is to work out of BOS. He's tried a few places and wants to do 135 but doesn't quite have the time to PIC. On the initial bid he misses BOS by 1 place. It turns out there were 3 people above him who bid ERJ BOS with every intention of transferring back to Dallas. They live in Dallas and want to fly the jet. Meanwhile my buddy doesn't care if he's flying a 172, gets Saab DFW. Now he's seat locked in DFW for a year, while these A-holes go to his home, then xfer out just to fly a "jet". I am pissed and I would be even more pissed if I was him. Shame on you Eagle newbies.

Hello ? McFly ? Anybody home?

Think McFly !!!!!!!!!!!

If your buddy doesn't care if he's flying a 172, maybe he should go find a 172 job. Probably wouldn't have to commute. He would almost certainly not have to deal with any seniority lists

Leaving aside that the three pilots in question are SENIOR to your buddy, there are many reasons to bid equipment over domecile on a first bid. The first and most obvious one would be so that one wouldn't have to go through more than one initial ground school.

The time away from home required to go through two initials on two separate aircraft would likely be enough to offset a few months of an undesireable commute.

Thanks for all the posts guys. Especially all you who say it suck, yet keep bringing it to the top of the page.

Another note, I don't believe SJS is the most overused phrase on this website, its got to be: "I just threw up in my mouth a little." That is on every other thread on this site, and its no longer funny, no longer clever, everyone is sick of it. STOP SAYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think everyone is sick of that phrase. I think they are so sick of it that they might have just thrown up in thier mouths just a little bit.:puke:

:)

Latest resources

Back