Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Single turbine PIC or piston multi time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7574EVER

Potentially facing a possible furlough I've been looking at alternative opportunities available to me in the event I need something new to make ends meet.

If I were to be given a choice, what do people on here feel is of more value. Single engine turbine PIC (caravan, PC-12) or piston twin time (anywhere from a baron to a 421)?

I hope that I don't have to venture down this route....But I'm bored so I thought I'd pose the question.

If you're that bored use the search function. This subject is almost as played out as Mesa/Go Jets sucking.

Whichever pays more
I know a few C208 and PC12 drivers making over $50K per year. Which is great, if your primary concern is salary/QOL.

As far as career progression, my .02 is that you're better off in a piston twin. Then again, there's little movement in the industry anyway.

I'd personally go with whichever you like more, and could see yourself doing for a while until things pick up in the industry. I could definintely see a shiny PC-12 being more enjoyable than an old beat up C402 (and again, paying much better).

I think, due to the lack of movement right now, that QOL and pay might be the way to go. That's only my opinion though. Also, maybe if you were to get on with someone like Alpha Flying, a future regional airline job, should you choose to go back, would look highly upon the turbine and crew time. You might even make some contacts that could take you over to the corporate side.

Whichever pays more

DING DING DING

And QOL

Pilots being so willing to eat shiit sandwiches, hoping it will someday pay off, is why entry level wages can be so low.

It kinda reminds me of the rationale Amway salesman use to justify their long hours doing shiftys sales pitches, trying to get all their friends and family to buy cleaning supplies from Amway, all because one day it will pay off and life will be perfect.

I'd pick based on which was the better job/pay/working conditions/schedule.

I worked for Alpha several years ago after a furlough. It was a great place to kill some time, and a very fun company to work for.

Latest resources

Back