Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Single Pilot Phenom 100 Jet Flights for Executive AirShares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many people have a single pilot Citation type? and use it?

I'd say most RA-390 and CE-525 type rating holders have the (S) designation to make themselves fully marketable in the airplane; I know I will when I go to CJ2+ Initial next month.

As far as using the SP type...I have no idea percentages but our policy will be to fly passengers with 2 crew, allowing for SP repo & maintenance flights. With that said, the CJ (or even a 500 series with single pilot waiver) is exceedingly easy to fly by yourself...but if I were the one riding in back and writing the checks I'd want two folks up there.

I would say that about 80% of 525 and Premier ops are single pilot. That percentage drops to I would say 20% when talking about 525B's and the 560 and 550 Bravo Citations.
What you must realize is that some of the smaller operators treat their single pilot more like a son than an employee, so it is not always about the money.

Never mind the single pilot flying, you'd be working like a slave doing all the rest of the stuff yourself....

If they really really want to save some bucks, then hire 250hr wonders with wet commercial tickets. At least you'll have a warm body next to you that can operate the gear and chat with the pax if the distraction is presented.

The single pilot flying is one thing, doing all the other crap by yourself has got to suck. The flight planning and cleaning and stocking doing multiple 1 hr turns has got to be fun to watch with only one guy.

Sounded like FOs would be used most of the time and not used on an "exception" basis if required by the share owner.

Perhaps the FO could still help load the bags, provide catering, help with flight planning (load FMS) and then wave goodbye as the aircraft leaves him in the middle of nowheresville. He/she could bow like they do in Japan...

I dunno,,,yesterday I watched a "late" 50ish guy load his wife into a Citation 2 and fire up and taxi out.

Of course,he did drag the GPU for about 5 feet. Slowed him down a wee bit until he figured it out.

And, she was the best looking 20 year old wife that money could buy. :)

Hung

Latest resources

Back