• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
Hello All,
I am wondering how valuable if at all single engine turbine time is when you are applying to a regional airline, and eventually a major.
I am approaching Part 135 minimums and I was wondering how valuable the time is compared to flight instruction in a twin, for example. I obviously understand that turbine multi is more valuable but would I be hurting myself by flying a Caravan for example Part 135.

Thank you for your input and advice.
Dana

There have been a couple of threads on this in the past, and from what I can gather, most people seem to have the opinion that multi PIC is more important than single turbine PIC.

Do a search and check it out, but I've had the same question myself, and that's the answer that I saw.

SE turbine PIC

The short answer would be that it all depends. If you're short on multi PIC, you want to acquire that first. If you have good multi PIC, SE turbine PIC might be of benefit. After all, it is turbine PIC and that doesn't grow on trees.

I don't believe that one can have enough multi PIC, so "short" may be a relative term. I'd say a good benchmark for having good multi PIC would be 500 hours worth. That was the benchmark ten years ago for the commuters, and times aren't much different now than then, if you think about it.

Good luck with your choice.

se turbine

I got on witha Major with PIC being only SE turbine....same with most of the other guys in my squadron.

Latest resources

Back