Single engine hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Looking for some hiring info. I'm a single engine fighter pilot. ATP, 2000+TT, 1300 Jet PIC but cant find ANYONE to hire me because I don't have any %^$#@! muilt time other than the 30 hours to get my multi-engine rating. Any advice?

bozt45,

It is ironic isn't it. I'm assuming from your profile you fly the Harrier. I know it is just one big engine, but it has 4 different exhaust ports. Now ask yourself this question: Why do people want to see multi-time? Beacuse they want to see you are capable and experienced and able to handle yourself in an engine out scenario. Now take your situation, which is definately unique. Even though it is only one engine, what happens if one or more of your exhaust pipes (sorry, not sure of the correct term) malfunctions leaving you in a precarious asymmetrical thrust condition, especially during a slow hover?

I'm sure you could handle anything that comes your way, but the fact remains that the minimums set forth by the system (regulators, insurance companies, etc.) are concrete and probably were there before the advent of "one engine, multiple exhaust stack" airplanes. I would like to see the company's chief pilots who won't hire you try to fly a Harrier. Just my .02 cents.

bozt45 said:
Looking for some hiring info. I'm a single engine fighter pilot. ATP, 2000+TT, 1300 Jet PIC but cant find ANYONE to hire me because I don't have any %^$#@! muilt time other than the 30 hours to get my multi-engine rating. Any advice?

A friend of mine was hired at ASA off the Harrier. I don't think he had a whole lot of multi time either. Of course this was a few years ago during the "boom" time. ASA is hiring this year so it may be worth a shot.

Good luck!

congrats

Boz, I saw your name on the message too. Congrats. Its all ADSW money so you get pay your current monthly income divide by 30 per day you drill. Its a good deal.

Hope you were flying T-2s with us here to take care of that multi time bs.

Dude, it is all timing and calfo nice answer....the GD 737 flies it self you putz...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back