Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
I got all my training in the military and do not have a single engine rating of any kind but do have an ATP and several type ratings. I know this is a bit back asswards but I would like to get a private or commercial single to fly with my son. What kind and how much training do I have to go through? Thanks.

All you have to do is basically landings. I know a mil guy got his single engine add on with examiner standing by the side of the runway while he made three T/O's and land. How do I know I signed the guy off for his ride. Just a thought do a SEL ATP, very simple check ride can be done in a fixed gear, fixed pitch prop airplane. The check ride was much easier with no SE approaches, no SE misses, no power plant management, and just one precision landing power off.

I got all my training in the military and do not have a single engine rating of any kind but do have an ATP and several type ratings. I know this is a bit back asswards but I would like to get a private or commercial single to fly with my son. What kind and how much training do I have to go through? Thanks.

Are you eligible for the new Post 9/11 GI Bill? If so, you should be able to cover 100% of the cost of the add on.

Thanks for all the responses. I do qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and there is a part 141/61 school within a few miles of where I live that takes VA benefits. I retired 2 years after 9/11 so I get 70% covered for the training.

Latest resources

Back