• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simcom in MCO for kingair 300/350?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We sent a couple of guys to ORL Simcom for c90B recurrent. Our guys knew more about the airplane than the instructor did. I don't know if it has changed.

If you are getting the initial type for the 300/350, last I heard they could not give you the whole type ride in their sim. You will have to take a portion of the checkride in the real aircraft. Once again, I don't know if that has changed either since last August.

Just got back from there. We went for 200 recurrent but used the 300/350 sim for the EFIS. Went to FSI LAL for initial.
I did like that we had the same instructor for class and the sim, and he had 25 yrs experience in a 200 and other King Airs. At FS there were three others in the class and our instructor got changed three different times. Got better materials at FS. Full motion sim at FS. Simcom had better visual aids (PT6 cutaway and parts). Nice facility and convenient to hotels & food, and Pizza day every Tuesday!

The 300 "sim" at Simcom is an FTD, you cannot obtain your type rating in the FTD. Be sure to figure in aircraft costs into the cost of their initial program. You can take your checkride in a Level C or D Full Flight Simulator.

Both Instructors I had at Simcom for Initial and Recurrent were very knowledgable. However some of our guys have had some useless instructors.

Oh yeah their Hawker Program was very good. I know this was a King Air post.

Latest resources

Back