Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Anybody been through it? I know its substantially cheaper, but how does it compare in content & quality to Simuflite or FSI?

I did the C-525 at SimCom. Over the last 20 years I have been to all three and see very little difference, other than price, between them. If given a choice and the price was the same I would take SimCom unless another location would be more convenient.

HEADWIND

Not sure about the CJ, but for the 500-series, I've been to SIMCOM and FSI and have to agree with Headwind in that the biggest difference is cost. Good and not-so-good instructors at both. Some with experience in the plane, some with none. Convenience is the biggest issue.

For example, SIMCOM is cheaper, but I live in the Atlanta area, so FSI ATL is the best way for me without hotel/rental car/airline costs.

You do get more goodies at FSI - calculator, cool bag, books, etc. each time you go, but do you really need all that stuff EVERY TIME? Maybe that's where some of your (and my) money is going!

Wow, I am suprised that you guys had anything nice to say about SimCom. I went through the Citation 2(500) training back in 2006, and I thought that it was horrible(however I did not have anything to compare it to at the time). And recently I just got out of FSI on the Gulfstream and think that there is a difference that is night and day. A guy who was training with me on the Gulfstream had a very similiar experience to me at Simcom. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to FSI check out Simuflite, I have a friend that uses them for the Citation 650 he goes to the Dallas facility and he really likes them (plus you are next to bone daddy's!).

The FSI Gulfstream program is an entirely different animal.

Having been to both, apples-to-apples, SIMCOM and FSI's 500-series Citation programs have little to no difference.

Done several types at both, including C525 at FSI. I would go with Simcom. Good sims and good instructors.

Latest resources

Back