Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
It's getting to the point where you have to have sim school even to get a right seat job in Lears. Even to keep the job I already had, pre-insurance required. And every operator I have been in contact with for future positions wants you to walk in the door already SIM current (PFT sucks).

I have been shopping around and without as training contract from an operator, the price as a walk-in is quoted at $7500 for an upgrade from SIC to PIC in LR-Jet. I have 1700TT, 836 multi and 300 (500TTTJ) hours SIC in LR-Jet in the past 12 months. One SIM School needs to see 200 in 12.

Anybody hear of any better deals out there? What about companies who co-op or reimburse over a period of a year? Post reply for general info and PM me for specific. Thanks.

Last edited:
I did my SIC-PIC upgrade at Simuflite in the lear not too long ago, and the have a fast-track program that is about $5500 or so.

It's supposed to be pretty demanding, but if you have time in the jet and have your required knowledge of systems etc. it's a walk in the park.

I do know they don't dvise people to go to this specific course, because it's so "demanding" But it shouldn't be a problem if you are serious about your stuff and fell like you need to know the airane inside and out anyway

Latest resources

Back