• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Sim Prep for an interview

crewviews

Total Time
5000+
My many thanks to AJ with Emerald Coast for helping me with the Sim Prep. I probably would not have done so well without his help. Just remember, if you don't pass day 1, you're not going to be invited to day 2. If you want to pass day 1, there's only 1 man to call. I did and I got hired with FedEx!

Last edited:

DC 10 Pegasus

Total Time
high
crewviews said:
My many thanks to AJ with Emerald Coast for helping me with the Sim Prep. I probably would not have done so well without his help. Just remember, if you don't pass day 1, you're not going to be invited to day 2. If you want to pass day 1, there's only 1 man to call. I did and I got hired with FedEx!

CONGRATULATIONS !

AJ has helped alot of pilots I know and they all had all the positive things to say.

DC 10 Capt

crewviews

Total Time
5000+
For those of you who sent me a private message to get AJ's contact # for the

Sim Prep, so here it is : 901-237-2025

BlueAngel

Total Time
crewviews said:

Best $795 I've ever invested ! Could someone please let me know, how long does it usually take to hear the good news after the FedEx interview ?

HoursHore

Medieval Warrior
Total Time
4000+
Took 3 weeks. Heard anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 weeks. Its worth it.

Haywood

Total Time
2600+
I too did the Emerald Coast for both Sim and interview. I couldn't see not investing the money in myself. I will say that the sim prep does give someone like myself who has never flown a DC-10, just a little piece of mind going into the sim ride. I slept just a little better having done that first(well for the two and half hours I actually slept).

It took me two weeks to find out, and two more weeks to start. My friends have gone from three days to two months.

Deuce130

Durka Durka Jihad!
Total Time
Agreed. I did the sim prep and the interview prep. Don't schedule the sim prep until you get an interview date - make sure you do it just prior to your interview. As soon as KD calls, call for the sim time, preferably a day or two before your interview. The whole package costs around 1100$ (sim prep and interview prep) but it's well worth the investment if you get hired. If, as happened to one guy in my interview group, you fail the sim and don't get hired, at least you did everything you could do and you won't sit there and wish you would have.

BlueAngel

Total Time
To be honest, I don't think I would have passed the sim without the sim prep.
I was more confident after I did the sim prep with AJ and he helped me alot!