SilverState Helocopters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

metromarty

Are these guys legit? I hear its a pyramid scam and costs 60,000 dollars but promises a job. My bro wants to do it and I think its a scam...Any advice or educated opinions?
Marty

SilverState is OK, but Universal Helicopter be aware!

I work with a recognized Aviation Program that processes Financial Aid for Students attending SilveState Heli, and we have yet to hear any complaints on SilverState.

On the other hand, beware of Universal Helicopters. ...that's a scam of promisses!

Just keep this in mind: "...nobody can garantee you a job. Maybe --and I say it again, maybe--an interview, but that's all."

Be careful with your money, time. That are lots of Flight School whilling to get those from you.

Silver State facility

On a recent trip into Provo, UT (PVU), I borrowed a crew car to get a meal in town and drove by the old Rocky Mountain Helicopter facility on the airport. I believe this is now Silver State's facility. They have a nice lineup of Robinsons on the south ramp of that property. I think Rocky Mountain Helicopters at one time was one of the largest helicopter operators in the world. This facility is quite large, so maybe SSH has some money backing them.

CC

you may want to ask this question over on justhelicopters.com website. hopefully you can get a straight answer over there. wish i knew more to tell ya, but did the military sling-wing route.

regards,

glenn

Well I'm doing an intro ride with them on Wednesday. They are pretty weird down there, but I told them straight up I just wanted to go up for an intro to see what helicopters are all about. So far they haven't given me any big sales pitch. I thought it was a little odd that not a single one of their instructors was former military. I thought a good portion of high hour helo guys were prior Army.

I work with a recognized Aviation Program that processes Financial Aid for Students attending SilveState Heli, and we have yet to hear any complaints on SilverState.

Then you either work for Silver State, or your company is stone deaf.

At least one high power attorney in Las Vegas hates the company so badly, because of what they are, that he's volunteered to sue them on anyone's behalf...for free.

You can do much, much, much, much better. Anywhere.

Silver State + NV!!

Quote < On a recent trip into Provo, UT (PVU), I borrowed a crew car to get a meal in town and drove by the old Rocky Mountain Helicopter facility on the airport. I believe this is now Silver State's facility. They have a nice lineup of Robinsons on the south ramp of that property. I think Rocky Mountain Helicopters at one time was one of the largest helicopter operators in the world. This facility is quite large, so maybe SSH has some money backing them. > Unquote

I think this company is based in Nevada, North Las Vegas to be precise. The "silver" state is NV, not UT. That would also account for the LV lawyer. It's possible they may have other out-of-state places but their corp offices are in LV.

Silver State Helicopters (Corporate Office)
560 E. Cheyenne Ave.
North Las Vegas, NV 89030

I drive by their building (a former construction contractor office) on my days at the CCSN Cheyenne campus. Don't know anything about them other than they bought out, then folded, the flight school we were contracting with for our aviation program in Boulder City.

AFAIK they are not related in any way with the original Silver State Helicopters that existed at VGT back in the '70s and '80s. Those were some great people to work and fly with.

Last edited:
Quote < On a recent trip into Provo, UT (PVU), I borrowed a crew car to get a meal in town and drove by the old Rocky Mountain Helicopter facility on the airport. I believe this is now Silver State's facility. They have a nice lineup of Robinsons on the south ramp of that property. I think Rocky Mountain Helicopters at one time was one of the largest helicopter operators in the world. This facility is quite large, so maybe SSH has some money backing them. > Unquote

I think this company is based in Nevada, North Las Vegas to be precise. The "silver" state is NV, not UT. That would also account for the LV lawyer. It's possible they may have other out-of-state places but their corp offices are in LV.

Two years too late, but there really is a Silver State Helicopters in Provo, UT.

Latest resources

Back