Sign in CVG, anyone know what it is?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnnyP

Riding home last evening I was sittin on the left side of the a/c as they taxied out to 36R, saw an odd sign I have never seen. It was along side of whatever taxiway parallels 36R, I dont have the diagram in front of me. Yellow backing, black numbers, somehthing like 40, 31, etc, with green lights mounted on top. They were in groups of three, right across from that cargo area. I feel like i should know this, but i dont. Anyone know?

Just saw those taxiing out the other day up there. Never noticed them before, but we figured they went with the big red boxes painted on the ramp for de- ice ops. We were also wondering what the red de-ice boxes were doing in between concourse A and B....seemed like an odd and conjestive place to de-ice in cincy. But then again, still haven't figured out why I have to talk to 5 people to get from one side of the ramp to the other up there.

Next time you're on the left side of the aircraft landing on 36L, look for the little grave yard by the G/S antenna. It was always a little spooky landing right next to those things.

Fly

Flyforyou said:
Next time you're on the left side of the aircraft landing on 36L, look for the little grave yard by the G/S antenna. It was always a little spooky landing right next to those things.

Fly

Heck go to SAV and they have tombstones embedded in the runway. At first I thought it was a rumor until I saw both of them with my own eyes.

Word is they were the original owners of the property and the City of Savannah had to keep the burial plots where they were. So, the just left the tombstones embedded in the runway.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Tri-Cities, TN (TRI) has a cemetery (or what looks like one) on the right side as you are taxing out to the North runway. Plus it is located inside the fence.

Latest resources

Back