Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AMDFlyer

Hi Guys,
I just spotted (thanks to a friend) on climbto350.com that Sierra West ,out of California is seeking a Falcon 20 PIC based in El Paso, TX.
Does anyone knows anything about this company as far as pay, schedule and all the good things?
Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I was looking at their SIC postings today as well. I was almost ready to click the apply button but then I started thinking "What kind of company would hire a 1000 TT pilot for a jet? And if they do what kind of pay would it be?" My questions were answered by this thread on flightinfo:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=57428&highlight=sierra+west

This isn't really where I want to be right now but I'm just desperate for a job after being laid of from my aerial survey gig 95 whole hours short of 135 mins. I'll work at McDonald's before I apply to these scumbags and accept their $1500 per month after moving at my own expense and traveling out there for the interview. F*ck that noise.

Edit-Looks like PIC's make around $36000 per year on the Lear. Wow.

Piper877 said:
I was looking at their SIC postings today as well. I was almost ready to click the apply button but then I started thinking "What kind of company would hire a 1000 TT pilot for a jet? And if they do what kind of pay would it be?" My questions were answered by this thread on flightinfo:

This isn't really where I want to be right now but I'm just desperate for a job after being laid of from my aerial survey gig 95 whole hours short of 135 mins. I'll work at McDonald's before I apply to these scumbags and accept their $1500 per month after moving at my own expense and traveling out there for the interview. F*ck that noise.

Thank you very much for the info. I hope that nobody will take the job under those conditions; but what you know, we are surrounded by cheap scabs andb they eventually will find somebody clueless enough to take it, and once again furthermore lower the standards of decency in our industry.

Last edited:
Piper877 said:

I think this entire message should have been on the regional board... Pilots being hired with 1000 hours! and working for 1500 a month!! funny how this is considered a crappy bottom feeder job when tons of people on this site are begging for jobs like this in a shiny new RJ

Low hour pilots get training, a type cert, and lots of hours. Ignore the poor responses - if you can make it work for 18 months, then aren't you likely to be far ahead of a 1200 hour regional gear puller?

Answers on a postcard folks......

good point FLTIDl...... in 18months u could have almost a 1000 hrs pic in a turbine a/c let alone a metroliner!!!! i would rather have that then pullen gear on a regional!! been at that company its not that bad, good time, and good guys that work there, and good maint. and exspansion....and PIPER877 ur bitchin about that and u got laid off doin aerial survey try flying cargo from el paso to detroit in the middle of the night dodging thunderstorms single pilot and see what kind of man it will make u!!!!!! dont speak unless u have been there and done it.....AMD if ur looking for lots of flying and building ur turbine PIC then its a good place.........fly safe

Run Forest Run

sa227guy said:
good point FLTIDl...... in 18months u could have almost a 1000 hrs pic in a turbine a/c let alone a metroliner!!!! i would rather have that then pullen gear on a regional!! been at that company its not that bad, good time, and good guys that work there, and good maint. and exspansion....and PIPER877 ur bitchin about that and u got laid off doin aerial survey try flying cargo from el paso to detroit in the middle of the night dodging thunderstorms single pilot and see what kind of man it will make u!!!!!! dont speak unless u have been there and done it.....AMD if ur looking for lots of flying and building ur turbine PIC then its a good place.........fly safe
Dude, quit drinking the bong water. I was there when they paid their captains TWICE as much. Heck the chief of MX was the owner's nephew and HE quit. If you are desperate and/or have like 20 violations, this place is for you. All kidding aside ..."what doesn't kill you makes you strong."

Last edited:
lol...ROLMFAO....ahhhhhhhh Dude if he quit drinking the bong water he wouldn't say things like "PULLEN GEAR"....."EXSPANSION".........I mean bobo WTF !! lol. Coming from YIP with Thunderstorms made me a man alright.... a vewy vewy scared man.....

SIERRA WEST - " Not everybody's cup of Java "...................say a scared old man !!!!!!!!!

lol ahhh looks like fraxjockey was there a long time ago>>>> dude things change and its not everyones cup of tea but get what u need and move on" now literally speaking, wtf??? lol vicki.............................................

Latest resources

Back