• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Side stick vs. traditional yoke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to say it, but I love the stick. Nothing in front of you but panel and dinner tray and your hand naturally falls right to it. Now that leverage isn't needed any more I can see the yoke going the way of the crank on the trim wheel.

Stick- see above-
How much weight and artificial feel computers and huge two pronged phallic devices stuck between our legs do we need to be installed just to fool the pilot into thinking the plane is doing something it's not--- I blame the "if it ain't Boeing, I'm not going going" resistant to change militant pilots out there- stay Boeing- just get that damn thing out of the way

Side stick for sure.

I've never even flown anything with the side stick but can guarantee I'd like it. What would bother me more, is throttles that don't move when the auto throttles are engaged. There is so much tactile feedback from that, especially when your hand is resting on them.

Harrumph! Wing warping is for the birds.

and take some time to actually look at just how maneuverable they actually are.... the Gos Hawk at the end of this video (1:45) is amazing dodging trees.

http://youtu.be/p-_RHRAzUHM

Future wing warping will be an amazing thing....
Sorry 30 seconds on the thread and I'm going off topic..... must be my ADD.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back