sick call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

24hitman

What is your opinion about calling in sick while on probation? I'm talking a "real" sick call, not just because you can't commute in, or want an extra day off. The reason I'm asking is I am on probation and have had a couple of sick calls. Some have said I should be a little worried about having to face the music for that. I say I was honestly sick and in no shape to fly, so, what is the big deal?

Don't worry about it...

If you're sick.....you're sick....end of story. While you should try to avoid being called into the cheif pilot's office, you certainly can't be punished for being sick. It happens to the best of us (even when we're on probation!). Sick time abuse during your first year is another story altogether.

Happy flying and feel better!
TF

I agree with Treetop Flyer. Sick call abuse, on probation or not is bad, but if you're honestly sick, that's different. If you can get doctors notes, explaining that you were seen in the doctors office on certain days, and can show those to your company, that will help, IF they ask you about it later.

IMBB

A buddy of mine called in sick at skyway

but he was LOVE SICK with one of the ramp agents at one of the out stations. So he called into work sick and got busted by the chief pilot while jumpseating out to meat his chickie. Be carefull out there!

Then...(since I'm bored and have nothing better to do)...the guy gets into a 310 with the nose bar still attached and takes off with it...eventually creaming the runway lights, in an attempt to save engines and props in a gear up landing by shutting down and quite possibly motoring the engines. Here's the NTSB on that by the way holmes...

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001211X11376&key=1

Then...the guy finds a 135 job. Winds up getting busted by the us customs people...cause when he landed and taxiied on top of the yellow "wait here" circle, one of his pax demanded to go inside the FBO/Terminal and PEE! I forgot how much the fine was...could have been 10,000 bucks. Hah...who would have thought a golden shower would cost 10K?

But anywhoo...If you really are sick, don't be a bonehead...the paying pax expect that if you aren't up to your best because of a flu or illness...that you do call in sick. You have a responsibility to them, your employer and mostly yourself to stay home. Besides...you think your co workers want to get what you got?

But if you're playing HOOKY for da NOOKY...look out. Bad things come in threes. Muhahhahahah!

if you are sick..dont fly...simple as that..if you are paranoid about being on probation just get a drs note...noone should bother you if its legit

yea...same last name as the cop in LA

that got fired over the OJ Simpson case.

Did you work with J.F. over at skyways?

Glad you caught that Ismokedya

Even though I come off like a sarcastic, cynical ass...I do enjoy tounge in cheek, off beat and black humor.

Bluestreaker...DID I fly with you in an AZTEC across a big lake to get you to a Part 91 interview at Gerber's?

Latest resources

Back