• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

sic type

pin727

Total Time
7000+
any body knows about the ICAO rule that requires all crew menbers to be typed when flying under ICAO rules, whats the outcome, should I expect to be typed!!! will there be a limitation ?

GRACIAS

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
A SIC type won't mean a thing. It's paperwork exercise.

Dumbledore

My Kids' Doormat
Total Time
plenty
Draginass said:
A SIC type won't mean a thing. It's paperwork exercise.
Yes it's a paperwork exercise but it's not worthless - not everyone can get one you know. The EU has already said this will meet their requirements - it proves some form of formalized training has been passed.

They're coming in September. Get 'em while they're hot!

Stealthh21

Total Time
I have heard that there is no checkride involved, its not really a "type rating". It's a magic wand kinda thing from the FAA. I wouldn't get too excited, but it is a good way to prove that you do have expirence in whatever airplane you are flying. So it is a good thing. but its not the same as a PIC type rating.

MICK

Total Time
Pin727

Yes, there will be a limitation. You will have a type, but in the limitation section it will say SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY.

Pretty dumb if you ask me, but nobody asked.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
Can someone tell me the reg or advisory circular that deals with this new "SIC Type"