SIC turbo-prop in SEA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Launchpad

Anyone know who this is? It's not Nordstrom's as far as I know, Vulcan maybe?

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:59 am Post subject: Corporate S.I.C.; SEA
Title: Pilot, Second in Command

Date open: 8/05

Position Status: Per Diem

Position summary

The Pilot, Fixed Wing is responsible for all crew and passengers. He/She will assure the highest degree of safety, comfort, service and efficiency and will report to the respective Pilot Manager.

Essential duties and responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)

· Acts as Pilot-In-Command of Turboprop powered aircraft and/or Second-In-Command of Turbojet powered aircraft.

· Assures that aircraft is operated in accordance to all applicable federal aviation regulations.

· Maintains currency of all personal licenses, certificates and training.

· Responsible for dispatching and commanding aircraft to any approved worldwide destinations. Including operations in RVSM, MNPS, Metric and QFE regions.

· Determines that aircraft is current on it’s maintenance inspection status and is ready for dispatch

· Assures that all required equipment, documents and certificates are aboard the aircraft prior to dispatch.

· Responsible for the checking of weather, air traffic, navigation facilities, NOTAMS, airport and runway requirement, emphasizing safety, comfort and mission accomplishments.

· Assist PIC in duties that affect outcome of successful flight.

· Delegates/accepts duties as necessary. This delegation of duty shall be used as a training aid to upgrade the capabilities of the SIC (when applicable).

· Pilot may be assigned to the left seat (for turbine operations) at the Captain’s direction if he/she has a left seat letter signed by the Chief Pilot.

· Monitors weather conditions en route that may affect the flight, i.e., destination weather, wind conditions, fuel supply, alternate airports, air traffic, etc.

· Chooses well-qualified agencies to service the aircraft, closely monitoring the fuel cost and the performance of such servicing.

· Responsible for decisions to continue, cancel or implement alternate plans for flights where an element of uncertainty must be considered.

· Informs the home base of his/her place of contact, arrival and departure times and passenger manifest changes.

· The aircraft logbook shall be completed for each day’s flying before departing the airport.

· Responsible for all proper check list usage for all segments of ground and flight operations.

· Knows and adheres to all security procedures.

· Conducts himself/herself in a business like manner, properly dressed, confident, courteous and showing evident good will that will be reassuring to passengers and indicate a concern for their safety, comfort and well being.

· Strong team building and leadership skills along with a strong work ethic are required.

Qualifications

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability

Required

· To act as PIC of Turboprop Aircraft:

· Total Time: 3000, PIC: 1500, Float Time: 500, AMES: 100

· To act as SIC of Turbojet Aircraft:

· Total Time: 3000, PIC: 1000, Turbine: 500

· Possess an ATP rating, FCC Radio Operator’s permit, First Class Medical, and Valid Passport.

· Knowledge of all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.

· Experience maintaining currency of all personal licenses, certificates and training.

· Ability to determine that aircraft is current on it’s maintenance inspection status and is ready for dispatch

· Experience requiring all equipment, documents and certificates are aboard the aircraft prior to dispatch.

· Experience monitoring and checking of weather, air traffic, navigation facilities, NOTAMS, airport and runway requirement, emphasizing safety, comfort and mission accomplishments.

· Ability to accept and delegate duties consistent with the capabilities of that individual.

· Experience monitoring weather conditions en route that may affect the flight, i.e., destination weather, wind conditions, fuel supply, alternate airports, air traffic, etc.

· Ability to choose well-qualified agencies to service the aircraft, closely monitoring the fuel cost and the performance of such servicing.

· Ability to make decisions to continue, cancel or implement alternate plans for flights where an element of uncertainty must be considered.

· Experience completing aircraft logbook for each day’s flying before departing the airport.

· Experience with all proper check list usage for all segments of ground and flight operations.

· Knowledge of all security procedures.

Required computer skills

MS Office (Word & Excel)

Education/experience/certifications (Please delete education that is not needed and edit the experience requirements, as required for your role)

years work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.

Does this position manage people?

Yes, when acting as PIC, duties will include managing SIC and maintenance personnel.

Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable (e.g., frequency of travel, on-call scheduling, ability to move “x” pounds, etc.)

· Actively applying for, or in current possession of, a valid U.S. Passport

· Must be accessible by cell phone 24/7 except on scheduled days off

· Work hours can extend past normal office hours

· Domestic and International travel required

· Must be able to travel for up to two weeks with three hours notice

To apply, please send a resume in a word doc. to [email protected] or send a fax to 206-254-9201

Please put the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.

Unfortunately we are not able to respond to every resume that we receive.

We will take the time to review your credentials and experience against our current staffing needs and will follow up with you if appropriate.

********************************************************************************

I am sure this is not Vulcan Flight Management as the Twin Otter on floats is the only turbo prop they operate.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Launchpad said:
· Must be accessible by cell phone 24/7 except on scheduled days off

· Work hours can extend past normal office hours

· Domestic and International travel required

· Must be able to travel for up to two weeks with three hours notice.

...wonder how much they are paying to put up with that stuff???

Screams VFM

After looking at the requirements closer, I suspect that yes this is a VFM posting. Not sure whats up but will check a little closer. Might be a great introduction to corporate as the last guys they hired like this are rated in the GV and GEX.

Last edited:
Does Washington Corp. still have their Twotter on floats out there?

Well it is the Vulcan employment site...

but it is daily contract - "per diem".

Spooky 1 said:
I am sure this is not Vulcan Flight Management as the Twin Otter on floats is the only turbo prop they operate.

LAZYB said:
but it is daily contract - "per diem".

As I had said in my earler post, I do believe it is a Vulcan post. Would not dare to speculate what the big plan is other than to guess that they need some additional help with the Twin Otter flying? How the other Tubojet stuff fits into the big picture is anyones guess. There has been a previous Twin Otter pilots come onboard over there who was on per diem status for a few months before becoming a full time pilot, so maybe that's the way they would like to do it again.

I believe the Washingon Group has sold their Twin Otter some time ago. They operate a GEX at the moment.

Perhaps it is Steve Balmer's latest venture. He recently started a flight department flying a GLEX. I am not sure of the name of his group, however.

I've seen the Washington Corp Hawker around, not sure if it is still their plane. Haven't seen the Purple/Gold Otter in a while.

In regards to Vulcan, any input on that operation. I saw the 24/7 availability for a 3 week trip, that sounds pretty sweet.

out-

Launchpad said:
I've seen the Washington Corp Hawker around, not sure if it is still their plane. Haven't seen the Purple/Gold Otter in a while.

In regards to Vulcan, any input on that operation. I saw the 24/7 availability for a 3 week trip, that sounds pretty sweet.

out-

Washington Corp has been operating a Global for about a year now. The 24/7 was for availability while on short call. The trip was two weeks not three.

Latest resources

Back