• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SIC requirement for Part 91 ops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. My buddy flies his Falcon down to Mexico with a non-type-rated SIC, I wouldn' recommend it but he gets away with it, for now. He was born in Mexico and gets more leeway than most.

Tell your buddy he is breaking FAA regulations and if something happens good luck with the insurance and the FAA

Tell your buddy he is breaking FAA regulations and if something happens good luck with the insurance and the FAA

I have told him the same thing! I just shake my head.

All your buddy's copilot has to do to get his SIC type and be legal is take an 8710 and his logbook to FSDO (assuming he actually has done 61.55 training in the airplane). 15-20 minutes and out you walk with a temp...

Sic

International ops require an SIC type in more and more countries every year. Most insurance now wants sim. If you can pass Wyvern, you're in.

Check that airline captain attitude at the FBO door. Corporate is a totally different anmal.

Good flying to you!!

International ops require an SIC type in more and more countries every year. Most insurance now wants sim. If you can pass Wyvern, you're in.

Check that airline captain attitude at the FBO door. Corporate is a totally different anmal.

Good flying to you!!

Thanks everybody for the replies. Regarding attitude, I flew 91 before starting with the airlines and I liked it. I wouldn't pre-suppose that all airline pilots have an attitiude. Most of the guys I fly 121 with are great employees and will go above and beyond for the customer and their fellow employees, obviously there are some bad apples out there but they are in the minority. The guys I flew 91 with years ago were great and most of the guys I fly 121 with are great. A truly professional pilot will be professional in any environment be it 91 or 121.

Latest resources

Back