Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlaZoomie

Squaking 1200
As released/published in Aug. 2005, there is a June 6th 2006 requirement for persons operating as a SIC. See: http://web.nbaa.org/public/ops/sic/

Anyone flying 135 done this yet. My read is that a proficiency check coveres you. But then there is a part about 8710 form submittal to the FSDO.

Anyone?

It will depend on how the FSDO reads the reg, but our FSDO is accepting 8410's as proof of training rather than the logbook endorsement. Their attitude is the most 135 training is more intense than the requirements of Part 61 for an SIC.

However form 8710 is required as here is a change in your pilot certificate.

So, do an 8710 in addition to 8410? If someone is current 135 with an 8410, then is submitting a 8710 required/necessary?

I just did mine, and I took my 135 training record for the Sabre that I did when I did my original checkride into the FSDO along with an 8710 and it took all of 15 minutes and I was out the door.
You just need something that says you have the training spelled out by the SIC specs. The training required for the 135 SIC checkride should cover that. I would think an 8410 would work as well.

It is a additional endorsement that goes on your cert. So an 8710 will have to be filled out, and endorsed by someone at the training locale where the training was done. It's mainly a paperwork issue, and shouldnt take very long.

Latest resources

Back