• Watchers 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now I'm not so sure...

According to the 14 CFR part 61 FAQ section of the AFS 600 website: http://afs600.faa.gov

"The SIC is permitted to log SIC per 61.51(f) and (g). However, the SIC is not permitted to log instrument time."

Now, this still doesn't make sense to me for the reasons I stated previously. However, the guy who publishes these FAQs is supposed to be a pretty reliable source. However, the disclaimer on the site does clearly state that they are not legal interpretations so...I guess we are pretty much back where we started: Without any firm evidence one way or another and many varying opinions. I'm starting to agree with 350Driver that the only prudent thing to do is err on the side of caution.

Suggest you cruise over to your local FSDO, chat up YOUR COMPANY'S P.O.I., and get an answer IN WRITING!!!

>>>>>Suggest you cruise over to your local FSDO, chat up YOUR COMPANY'S P.O.I., and get an answer IN WRITING!!!

It's important for averyone to realize that all this will do is ruin a perfectly good piece of paper. An inspector, POI or not, has no authority to issue interpretations. Such an answer would have no more weight than an answer in writing from me, or Avbug, or your garbage man.

Likewise the AFS-640 Q&A are in no way binding or official. In fact, the Q&A contains some extraordinary statements which are not supported by the regulations in any way.

regards.

Latest resources

Back