Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dr. Gonzo

I see shuttle america has placed an add for flight crews, whats this place like, any chance??? Pay, life, where did all these planes come from all of a sudden?

All the planes came from CHQ at one point in time. As far as the pay goes I would assume it would be probably the same or less than what CHQ pilots orginally made flying those SAAB340's. It's a Wexford owned company so expect accordingly, bascially from what I gather just a way for them to fulfill leases and have a tax write off.

Interesting theory...

...but incorrect.

Wexford went to a lot of effort, has spent a considerable amount of time, and spent a lot of money on Shuttle America for it to be a "tax writeoff". Surely there are better, more stable, and easier ways to get tax writeoffs than dealing with yet another airline.

Furthermore, I talked to a fellow I know very well who is a relatively new FO over at CHQ (on the ERJ), and it seems that he is making less than OUR FO's are making... Although that is PER HOUR, and I think they have a higher guarantee. Our pay rate for FO's, for the record, is $22/hr to start, with a 72hr guarantee.

In any case, yes, the Saabs are all former CHQ Saabs, which makes them all A-models.

I think you will see a noticeable amount of growth at Shuttle America in the coming months... Not based upon any concrete information, but it's just a feeling. I think we will remain relatively small, but we will probably expand and I will be happy to be here as it happens.

Curious, though, where Shuttle America placed "an add for flight crews"?

Last edited:
Inneresting...

I didn't see it posted on the "free" part of the site, so I guess it's one of the new ads? Or a much older one?

I'm not sufficiently interested in the answer to PAY to find out. :)

Are all those "Saab 121 operator" ads for SA??

Good information........Yes the ad was on climb to 350, it should be on the free list in a few days. What's it like for those of you who work there???? I'd like to hear some of the pro's and con's. I assume there's a training contract? How much flying in a month does one typically end up with? Is there any chance in hell that I might get an interview without knowing someone there? SA is fairly small, pretty close to "Home", and is relatively young, looks pretty attractive even though it would be a large pay cut. Thanks for all the previous replies, it's great help.

Thanks for the link... Guess it WASN'T removed, after all?

I talked with the HR/Hiring person over the phone not too long ago (Sue Duell? Nice Lady) and she said they would be interviewing in few months for a summer class. FWIW.

Latest resources

Back