• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA just stopped hiring as of a couple days ago...

Ya thats what it sounds like I just really hate school but the thought of picking up another major has been on my mind. But honestly I have no clue what else I should do? Suggestions?

Why not continue to fly the PC12 for awhile? Nice turbine airplane. Find a charter operator or Part 91 operator flying PC12s in the Chicago area - there have to be a few. If you can afford to move, apply to Alpha Flying (bases in New Hampshire, Atlanta and Ft. Lauderdale) and go fly their PC12s for a few years and gain experience. AF will pay better than the regionals for the first few years too.

Ya thats what it sounds like I just really hate school but the thought of picking up another major has been on my mind. But honestly I have no clue what else I should do? Suggestions?

Get a job at a 121 carrier that'll hire you with 350 hours. building twin turbine 121 time is better than flight instructor time. Then once you have the hours, you are in a great position to get hired where you want to work longer term. good luck!

Get a job at a 121 carrier that'll hire you with 350 hours. building twin turbine 121 time is better than flight instructor time. Then once you have the hours, you are in a great position to get hired where you want to work longer term. good luck!
That is about to become a thing of the past.

ORD @ Eagle is pretty junior. Had like over 100 FO openings on the EMJ on the last vacancy bid. They'll even hire you at less than 500TT.

I found a decent PC12 operator in Florida hopefully there still hiring when I graduate. I believe thats Alpha your talking about. I have only a few hours in the PC12 not nearly anything to what there looking for but its a start. I'm hoping there will still be a need for instructors once I graduate I really don't want to stay at the current school I'm at to CFI really isn't to great of a town especially when I can be home and banking the paychecks and paying off the loans I have.

Latest resources

Back