Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

Some questions;

1) Is the Shuttle America seniority list separate or is it part of CHQ.

2) How many pilots are at Shuttle America now and at CHQ?

3) Would it be correct to say that Republic Air is the holding company for both CHQ and Shuttle? Why was Shuttle formed?

4) How many airplanes does Shuttle have? Are they only E-170s and what do they have on order?

Last edited:
Erlanger said:
Some questions;

1) Is the Shuttle America seniority list separate or is it part of CHQ.

2) How many pilots are at Shuttle America now and at CHQ?

3) Would it be correct to say that Republic Air is the holding company for both CHQ and Shuttle? Why was Shuttle formed?

4) How many airplanes does Shuttle have? Are they only E-170s and what do they have on order?

1) If you got hired today at Shuttle you would be on the CHQ master seniority list. The Shuttle Saab pilots should be integrated by the end of the week.

2) 1278 on the CHQ master list. Add in about 85 by the end of the week.

3) Yes you are correct. Shuttle was formed because our management was unable to get the Republic certificate up and running in a reasonable amount of time and they were paying the APA a couple million dollars a month.

4) I don't know.

1-3 are 100% spot-on

4) there are about 30 +/- 170's flying on the United side and some more on the Delta side. The Delta numbers I'm not too sure on. 4 United saabs flying this month, 2 next month, and 0 in december.

jaybird said:
1) If you got hired today at Shuttle you would be on the CHQ master seniority list. The Shuttle Saab pilots should be integrated by the end of the week.

2) 1278 on the CHQ master list. Add in about 85 by the end of the week.

3) Yes you are correct. Shuttle was formed because our management was unable to get the Republic certificate up and running in a reasonable amount of time and they were paying the APA a couple million dollars a month.

4) I don't know.

Your answer to #3 is incorrect. Shuttle was not formed because of the inability to get the Republic certificate. Shuttle was a carrier that started in 1998 and has been "affilitated" with Republic since 2001. They were acquired by Republic Holdings as a strategy for their 70 seat platform. Repubilc needs 3 certificates to operate the 70+ aircraft with the 2 different scope issues it has with American and Delta. You can get most of this information from the current SEC filings of Republic Holdings. I hope this clarifies things.

Blue Skies...

BODENE said:
Your answer to #3 is incorrect. Shuttle was not formed because of the inability to get the Republic certificate. Shuttle was a carrier that started in 1998 and has been "affilitated" with Republic since 2001. They were acquired by Republic Holdings as a strategy for their 70 seat platform. Repubilc needs 3 certificates to operate the 70+ aircraft with the 2 different scope issues it has with American and Delta. You can get most of this information from the current SEC filings of Republic Holdings. I hope this clarifies things.

Blue Skies...

Actually RAH only needs 2 certificates now. SA was purchased because of all the problems RAH had getting the Republic Airlines certificate approved.
Then again I may be wrong..

Three certificates are still required. S5 can not operate aircraft over 70 seats because of the delta pilots scope clause, and the usair 170s have more than 70 seats. Therefore the republic certificate is required as well.

What I don't get is the E170 are Shuttle's call sign, yet they are flown by CHQ pilots. IF I were a shuttle pilot I'd be pretty pissed off. IS shuttle union? Did you not have anything in your contract to prevent this kind of thing?

Latest resources

Back